Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ugh Frustrated With DCP and Contract
LittleCrawfishCC 07:08 AM 10-24-2011
Okay, so I have this family that has been with me for a while. They have 3 kids. 7 week old, 1 1/2 year old, and a 9 year old.

I keep them from 6:00-3:00, and I take the 9 year old to school every am, School is 7 miles from my house, and i drive a large SUV, so I break down the fees as 75$ 1 1/2 year old, $75 infant, and $20 gas for 9 year old. A total of $170 per week for all three. ( I don't make anything off the 9year old I actually spend more in gas, than I charge)

I know I know, everyone will think I am crazy, because around here for an infant is between $125- $185, and a 1 1/2 is between $115-$170.

First, this is my oldest client, I try to help them out as much as possible. Starting out the oldest one came to me in summer at a rate of $65 per week, and they were already paying the daycare for the 1 year old at the time $150. so right there was $115 for both, before they both came into my care.

Well I put out a contract about 3 weeks ago, and they have been holding it hostage, I text and ask every morning about it, well this am wife tells me that hubby has concerns, so I was like what are his concerns, she said she didn't know, and he would talk to me this afternoon, well i pressed the subject and she said it was the 1 week unpaid vacation i get per year, and the 10% if needed for everything pay increase, that if i wanted could do once a year with a month notice.
Out of all my parents, I thought they would be the only ones not to fight it, but no, they are and the rest of my parents didn't! I have done so much for this family.

I lose money and kids taking their daughter to school, not alot of parents are willing to let a daycare provider pop their kids in a carseat when they first start. I also, took care of the kids, and drove them to the hospital 25 miles a way for every day wife was in the hospital with new baby, I never charge them a late fee, but yet they always tell me that they appreciate what I do. I sure know no one else would do this....Ladies, I really need advise. I have actually been wanting to go to only before/after school, I know this isn't alot of money, but I would get to spend more time with my husband and daughter (Hubby works offshore and is gone alot). What would ya'll do? I love this family, the kids are simple and so sweet. Im just confused and hurt that they would have a problem with my contract. Advice please?
Tags:contract - revisions, raise rates, rate increase
Up