Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is It Just Me
Patches 08:40 AM 07-09-2013
Or is 1 month really early to be rolling over. I have a dcg who started rolling over at 4 weeks (front to back) I and friends with dcm on facebook because we went to highschool together and she has posted the dcg started rolling over and, honestly, I thought "yeah right" then she posted a video and yep, sure enough, she was rolling over.
Dcg stayed with me yesterday and she is now 7 weeks and she can roll over like nobody's business and her neck and legs are so strong. She holds her head up and turns it from side to side. She is also VERY alert.
Have any of you had a baby like this? Is this more common than I'm thinking it is?
SilverSabre25 08:55 AM 07-09-2013
yep very early. Very cool though! Watch that one...lol
cheerfuldom 08:56 AM 07-09-2013
Its funny how different kids can be. My middle daughter was rolling over really quickly like this little girl. but the rest of her milestones, literally every single one, were average on timing or even delayed so you just never know. i wouldnt assume that rolling over means anything besides just rolling over, you know? yeah its early but it doesnt necessarily mean anything.
SilverSabre25 08:59 AM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
yeah its early but it doesnt necessarily mean anything.
I don't think anyone implied that it did...
Lyss 09:01 AM 07-09-2013
I have an 3 month old DCG that started rolling back to front at 8 weeks and is now starting to roll front to back. Freaks me out because she's always flopping over onto her tummy to sleep and I'm paranoid
Blackcat31 09:01 AM 07-09-2013
My DS was like that. Sat up unassisted at 3.5 months.

He walked alone (and skillfully) at 6.5 months old.

Used silverware by 10 months and stopped taking naps at around 12 months.

He was VERY advanced in everything he did.... other than speaking.....well that isn't true either...he could speak clearly by 12 months but chose to be silent for a long time. He was VERY stubborn.

He was a tough kid to parent because he was physically advanced but the cognitive skills weren't always on the same page as his physical skills.

He got injured a lot...

My DH and I wanted 3-4 kids.

We have 2 and my DS is the last.

....we were terrified we might get another one like DS.
daycare 09:15 AM 07-09-2013
Wow that is early...all kids are different....my youngest did not do anything at all.

No rolling over, crawling, hardly siting up, then at 8 months he just one day started walking......
daycarediva 09:23 AM 07-09-2013
My dd was rolling over at 2 months, sitting up at 4, walking well at 8 months, small sentences at 12 months. She was (still is) EXHAUSTING.
LittleAcorn 09:47 AM 07-09-2013
My ds rolled over and crawled very early. He was crawling well at 5 months and walking along furniture at 6 months. He took his first unassisted steps at 16 months! You just never know...
Unregistered 09:57 AM 07-09-2013
My LAST child did a lot early. He was an early baby and a twin to boot (born literally the 4th child). He had so many issues such as RDS, bowel and feeding issues and other problems we didn't think we'd have to worry about all the milestones til at LEAST a year.

Well, at 2 months he was rolling all over, at 4 months sat up, 5 months stood up with assistance from our living room table (I was in SHOCK!) and by 7 months was full blown walking. His twin did NONE of those things at the same time, and in fact, she was much later. She walked @ 13 1/2 months. It was just one of those things. It would have been a heck of a lot easier if they waited a lot longer to walk (and talk too! LOL). But, I can't say it's unusual for babies to do these things. Some are just active and others are not.

My son's gross motor skills were great! His fine motor/cognitive abilities needed a lot of work and he went into a special early intervention and preK prep program, but is in 1st grade now, and with all the work we did do and the help we got from the teachers, you'd NEVER KNOW he was #1 premature #2 had any issues at all unless you were REALLY observant of him.
Scout 10:01 AM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My DS was like that. Sat up unassisted at 3.5 months.

He walked alone (and skillfully) at 6.5 months old.

Used silverware by 10 months and stopped taking naps at around 12 months.

He was VERY advanced in everything he did.... other than speaking.....well that isn't true either...he could speak clearly by 12 months but chose to be silent for a long time. He was VERY stubborn.

He was a tough kid to parent because he was physically advanced but the cognitive skills weren't always on the same page as his physical skills.

He got injured a lot...

My DH and I wanted 3-4 kids.

We have 2 and my DS is the last.

....we were terrified we might get another one like DS.
Wow's all I got!
Scout 10:05 AM 07-09-2013
I would be watching that one like a hawk! That is so early and I would worry as PP said about sleeping on the belly when they figure that out! I am thankful my kids did things on avg or rather late! I couldn't handle this early stuff.
Tags:milestones
Reply Up