Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hello, Goodbye :(
NillaWafers 02:26 PM 08-04-2017
Hi all! I have been MIA since my life exploded almost a year ago. In September I found out my husband cheated, I was running daycare full-time and had my three children with my while he was a few states away in ID.

I really tried to make it work for me and him, but he put next to no effort into making changes for our relationship and we separated in April. I was still running the daycare at that time, but a whole month later all my kids within weeks of each other gave notice, and then my ex got laid off.

I have been trying to fill fill fill since then and it's just not happening. I am definitely burnt out from having three children, daycare kids, and an ex-husband and everyone having demands of me. I have had THREE separate families sign up, pay the deposit, and then forfeit said deposit because something else has happened. Honestly, I am really tired of trying, so I've decided to close.

I am on public aid and will be going back to school into nursing. I'm going to take out school loans for COL while I'm in school, to make up the difference. Because I am so low income, I will get free daycare and aid so that will help me out greatly in improving my life. Daycare wasn't something I could do for the rest of my life anyway as my parents own my home and will be retiring and selling it in a few years.

I have greatly valued the advice and help I received through this forum! I wish you all the best <3
Leigh 02:39 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Hi all! I have been MIA since my life exploded almost a year ago. In September I found out my husband cheated, I was running daycare full-time and had my three children with my while he was a few states away in ID.

I really tried to make it work for me and him, but he put next to no effort into making changes for our relationship and we separated in April. I was still running the daycare at that time, but a whole month later all my kids within weeks of each other gave notice, and then my ex got laid off.

I have been trying to fill fill fill since then and it's just not happening. I am definitely burnt out from having three children, daycare kids, and an ex-husband and everyone having demands of me. I have had THREE separate families sign up, pay the deposit, and then forfeit said deposit because something else has happened. Honestly, I am really tired of trying, so I've decided to close.

I am on public aid and will be going back to school into nursing. I'm going to take out school loans for COL while I'm in school, to make up the difference. Because I am so low income, I will get free daycare and aid so that will help me out greatly in improving my life. Daycare wasn't something I could do for the rest of my life anyway as my parents own my home and will be retiring and selling it in a few years.

I have greatly valued the advice and help I received through this forum! I wish you all the best <3
Best of luck to you! Nursing is hard work, too, but at least you'll get the compensation that you deserve! May you enjoy the change in careers!
e.j. 02:42 PM 08-04-2017
I'm sorry you've been going through such a rough time but wish you luck going forward.
Josiegirl 02:45 PM 08-04-2017
I wish you the very best that life can offer you from here on out, you deserve it! You sound like a strong worker with a don't-give-up attitude.
I hope your own children are doing okay, and that you are able to take some time for yourself too.
Mike 03:00 PM 08-04-2017
I'm sorry about how your past went and do hope for the best in your new direction.
daycarediva 03:59 AM 08-05-2017
I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors!
lovemydaycare0912 07:49 AM 08-05-2017
Wish you all the success in the world! You got this!
Michael 11:24 AM 08-05-2017
We wish you the best in your future endevours. Your contribution to this forum, and that part of your life in daycare, is preserved here for others to learn from well into the future. We thank you for that. Come back and visit us anytime.
midaycare 03:23 PM 08-05-2017
NW, how are YOU holding up? Are you okay? Nursing is a great career choice! I have a dcm that just left me who went into nursing. She loves it! And the great thing is, after just 12-24 months, you can get a job. Then you can keep taking classes here and there and work your way up. Maybe one day you'll be one of those specialized nurses making $90-150K, eh? I think it's a great decision! Every nurse I know loves their life, their job, their schedule.
Ariana 04:14 PM 08-05-2017
So great to hear from you as I had been thinking about you since you last updated us. So sorry that things did not work out in your marriage but it looks like you are on the right path to getting on with your life.

I wish you all the best
CityGarden 09:13 AM 08-06-2017
Congrats to you on taking a positive step for you that will have great long lasting results in your life. I agree I can not to dc in my home long term ---- I love the children but do not like the constant marketing / touring, etc. and I really loathe it being in my home and know if I stay in this biz it will have to eventually be in a commercial space. Your children will thank you for the gift you have given them of yourself while they have been little.
happymom 11:21 AM 08-07-2017
Good luck to you! I'm sorry you've fallen on hard times
Mom2Two 11:43 AM 08-07-2017
I had wondered where you were. I am so sorry to hear all of this. I've had my life fall apart before, and I know how devastating it is.

All my love for you with your new plans. <3
NillaWafers 06:39 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
NW, how are YOU holding up? Are you okay? Nursing is a great career choice! I have a dcm that just left me who went into nursing. She loves it! And the great thing is, after just 12-24 months, you can get a job. Then you can keep taking classes here and there and work your way up. Maybe one day you'll be one of those specialized nurses making $90-150K, eh? I think it's a great decision! Every nurse I know loves their life, their job, their schedule.
Hi! Yes, I am "OK". I have good days and bad days. I struggle with my decision to separate at times. Infidelity and divorce really brought everything up with it, I have been in therapy since March and it's really been helping. I found out I'm codependent as a result of childhood abuse/neglect and I'm working on fixing that, along with improving my life for the future.

I only have 6 classes then I can apply for nursing school but I likely won't be able to start until Fall of 2019, then I'll have my 2 year ASN, and I'll be doing a bridge program at CSULA I think.

Starting in CA nurses make around 90k for unspecialized with their BSN. I am planning on moving after I'm done, however (hopefully can make that work with the divorce and stuff), and finding somewhere that has high demand. Most places pay a signing bonus, so I'm kinda hoping if I move in that way that I'll find one that can pay off most of my schooling.

Originally Posted by :
Congrats to you on taking a positive step for you that will have great long lasting results in your life. I agree I can not to dc in my home long term ---- I love the children but do not like the constant marketing / touring, etc. and I really loathe it being in my home and know if I stay in this biz it will have to eventually be in a commercial space. Your children will thank you for the gift you have given them of yourself while they have been little.
As we have all said, the worst part of this job is the parents. Parents were what made this undoable, from them expecting me to bend over backward, get everything for nothing, it's pretty terrible how far they can push you. I am so happy to be done, it definitely helped bridge a gap in the time of my life I really needed confidence - and I really have this knowledge to rely on now in my future.

I have spent my weekend getting rid of toys/daycare stuff and making my playroom into an office for school! I'm also planning on redoing my blog now that I feel my life is returning to normal, so that'll provide a nice place to write. It is nice to not feel like my life is being taken over by other people's children.

I do not regret daycare, but I do feel relieved to be moving on
catinthebox 10:39 PM 08-08-2017
Wish the best of lucky to you! And i agree with you! Been working at a daycare for two years and it was a love and a hate relationship but when i reflect during my times there, i would say that it was a possible one. Friday is my last day at the site and i am really happy and looking forward to the future.
Tags:closing daycare, husband - loser, leaving daycare job
Reply Up