Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Client Feels "Mistreated" That They Have To Pay A Late Fee
trix23 09:02 PM 08-23-2017
I have a new client who was a drop-in for one day a week and they pay for the whole month in advance. The third day of care, the mom was late half an hour because she had asked me quarter to 4 if her daughter was still sleeping from nap to which I replied yes and then three minutes later the little girl woke up so I texted mom a little girl's awake. Turns out mom went to the library and checked on a book and as such was late 27 minutes picking her up- the fee for this is $30.

At exactly 4pm, which is their pick up time, I texted both parents stating that is now four and past contract hours and as such late fees are $5 for every increment of five minutes late and then I will see them soon.

Then the dad texted me saying that he thought that since I'm open till 6 that they can pick up anytime within that window. It's in my hand book, my contract, and it's even in my initial section that they signed the states that they pay and are billed for late fees and early drop-off fees Etc regarding their individual *contracted* hours, versus open hours. Not only that but I mentioned it to mom verbally a few times as well. So they're trying to weasel their way out of paying this even though we've discussed it quite a few times.

I billed the parents through venmo and they are saying that they want to have a conference or a phone conference to discuss things regarding daycare for their child. I told him that my policies are not up for discussion and that they need to pay the fee so that we can move forward with the business relationship. It's still is not paid and they are saying that they want to sort this out on the phone call before proceeding with care arangement. They say they are being mistreated and that this is not fair. LOL.

I'm honestly considering terming them because this is already ridiculous.

What would you do and/or say?
Leigh 09:18 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
I have a new client who was a drop-in for one day a week and they pay for the whole month in advance. The third day of care, the mom was late half an hour because she had asked me quarter to 4 if her daughter was still sleeping from nap to which I replied yes and then three minutes later the little girl woke up so I texted mom a little girl's awake. Turns out mom went to the library and checked on a book and as such was late 27 minutes picking her up- the fee for this is $30.

At exactly 4pm, which is their pick up time, I texted both parents stating that is now four and past contract hours and as such late fees are $5 for every increment of five minutes late and then I will see them soon.

Then the dad texted me saying that he thought that since I'm open till 6 that they can pick up anytime within that window. It's in my hand book, my contract, and it's even in my initial section that they signed the states that they pay and are billed for late fees and early drop-off fees Etc regarding their individual *contracted* hours, versus open hours. Not only that but I mentioned it to mom verbally a few times as well. So they're trying to weasel their way out of paying this even though we've discussed it quite a few times.

I billed the parents through venmo and they are saying that they want to have a conference or a phone conference to discuss things regarding daycare for their child. I told him that my policies are not up for discussion and that they need to pay the fee so that we can move forward with the business relationship. It's still is not paid and they are saying that they want to sort this out on the phone call before proceeding with care arangement. They say they are being mistreated and that this is not fair. LOL.

I'm honestly considering terming them because this is already ridiculous.

What would you do and/or say?
I would send them a copy of the contract that they signed and highlight the part that discusses late fees. I'd note on that portion something like "I don't understand why you would feel mistreated over something that you have agreed to. It's unfortunate that you're feeling this way, but this is the policy, and it is not negotiable. If you feel that you need a 6PM pick up time, I can certainly arrange that for you. The fee for 6PM pickup instead of 4PM pickup would be $xx per day." If they argue pickup times more than that, you could let them know that after 4PM, they would be using a space for school aged children, and they need to pay for that space accordingly (whether you take after school kids or not!). Or, you could just term. I wouldn't, personally, give them their "conference", which is them wanting to tag-team BULLY you over $30 freaking dollars, when the real issue is why the library was more important than picking up the child (who would CERTAINLY be welcome at the library after being picked up from daycare at the agreed upon time).

You can conference with them if you wish, but I would not. What is there to discuss? They signed a contract, they decided that the contract does not apply to them, only to YOU. It's up to them whether they want to abide by what they signed, and up to you whether you're going to let them run your business or do it yourself.
Denali 09:28 PM 08-23-2017
I'd give them a date to pay what is owed. Refuse Care until all amounts due are paid. Do the conference. You can even straight out tell them that they've read your policies, signed a contract saying that they have read and agreed to all your policies. That you don't understand why they are so confused.

Or just tell them that since they feel they are being treated so unfairly you are letting them out of their contract and that you wish them luck in their search for other child care arrangements. The petty part of me wants to tell you to do that when they come for drop-off the next time. 😬

Or if they've already paid the month in advance just take the late fee out of that, refund whatever is left, and term.
trix23 04:38 AM 08-24-2017
Thankfully they don't have any prepaid days left. But if the late pick up fee is brought up, I will say that it is not up for discussion, next question.
Blackcat31 05:49 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I would send them a copy of the contract that they signed and highlight the part that discusses late fees. I'd note on that portion something like "I don't understand why you would feel mistreated over something that you have agreed to. It's unfortunate that you're feeling this way, but this is the policy, and it is not negotiable. If you feel that you need a 6PM pick up time, I can certainly arrange that for you. The fee for 6PM pickup instead of 4PM pickup would be $xx per day." If they argue pickup times more than that, you could let them know that after 4PM, they would be using a space for school aged children, and they need to pay for that space accordingly (whether you take after school kids or not!). Or, you could just term. I wouldn't, personally, give them their "conference", which is them wanting to tag-team BULLY you over $30 freaking dollars, when the real issue is why the library was more important than picking up the child (who would CERTAINLY be welcome at the library after being picked up from daycare at the agreed upon time).

You can conference with them if you wish, but I would not. What is there to discuss? They signed a contract, they decided that the contract does not apply to them, only to YOU. It's up to them whether they want to abide by what they signed, and up to you whether you're going to let them run your business or do it yourself.
This. I would do all of this. ^^^

I would not agree to conference about something there is no point in discussing and I'd copy and highlight the section of the contract/handbook they signed and agreed to.

The end.
Blackcat31 06:01 AM 08-24-2017
I just have to add....I love how the parent feels as if THEY are being mistreated.

YOU provided additional services they did not pay for (they pay until 4:00 PM only) and now they are the ones being mistreated.

Do they even consider that you gave them FREE with NO notice and that it's YOU that should feel mistreated and taken advantage of?

I'd almost be tempted to turn the tables on them and the second they try to again bring up conferencing, say something like:

"Oh! I am so happy you mentioned mistreatment! That isn't necessarily the word I'd use but you are right I am definitely feeling a bit mistreated with this sudden refusal to pay for services that I provided to your child without any advance notice.

I love my job but imagine if your work expected you to stay beyond your regular work hours and didn't even tell you? And worse what if they didn't want to even pay you for that extra time? So I agree! Mistreatment is definitely what I am feeling. Thank you so much for acknowledging my feelings. I really do appreciate it and thank you so much for being one of those golden families that actually reads and abides by the contract and policies they signed in agreement too."

rosieteddy 06:35 AM 08-24-2017
You definitely deserve the fee.I at this point would insist on payment because of their attitude. One thing I learned was that if a parent was calling about their child waking up the answer would always be yes they are awake.As soon as parent got of the phone they would be gently woken.I would rather wake the child than have a late pick-up.
midaycare 06:39 AM 08-24-2017
And this is why I no longer do contracted hours. They work beautifully for some of you, but for me they were a nightmare. Parents want the early pickup, then inform me they will be late every.single.day. Then I have to be the jerk time and time again, either with late fees or bumping up the weekly price.

One price. Use what hours you wish. I'm open 10 hours. Late fees incur when you are here past 5:30 pm.
trix23 06:42 AM 08-24-2017
I don't want people coming whenever or not knowing what time they are arriving. I cherish my sleep too much to wake up for nothing.
Pestle 06:43 AM 08-24-2017
In the future, I wouldn't schedule a conference with people to discuss following the policies. If they need their hand held that much, they need to find a new care provider. Don't let them steal even MORE of your time.
trix23 06:45 AM 08-24-2017
what specifically would you say?
trix23 06:46 AM 08-24-2017
I'm going to be implementing a policy on conferences and that they are limited to 1 conference every 6 months. Any more than that and it's $40/hr for phone calls or conferences if it's requested by the parent.
hwichlaz 07:09 AM 08-24-2017
For me, contracted hours are a throw back to when I was puzzling together part timers to fill my spots full time. Thus the stiff late fee. I'm moving away from that now, so I'll eliminate contracted hours in the near future.
daycare 07:56 AM 08-24-2017
I guess I am the odd man out here. I have a two week paid trail that is for everyone to get on board, parents, kid and provider. It takes 21+ times of consistency to build a new habit. I would have talked, emailed and invoiced them for this, but would have given a one time credit.

In my rules if you are late 3 times picking up by more than 20 minutes, I will term you. I invoice them to keep track, even the one that I would give as a credit will still count as 1.

I have had this happen a few times. I know many of you won't agree with me, but being in a new place takes time to remember everything, even if we were told many of times. Most of the parents who did that to me all came from centers where you were allowed to use it from open to close.

Now, if someone was just taking advantage, then that would be completely different.
but this is just me
Snowmom 08:12 AM 08-24-2017
IMHO, people know when they get off work and how long it takes them with traffic.
In OP's case- dcm chose to do personal errands instead and was late.

It has nothing to do with charging by contracted hours or charging a flat rate open-close. They discussed their needs with the provider, they signed a contract with those hours. They knew.

Claiming ignorance does release them from their obligation.

Failure to read a legal document they signed does not release them from their obligation.

Half an hour late is not something I would let slide. Even once. 5-10 minutes for a good family, sure. Not 30.
midaycare 08:12 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
I guess I am the odd man out here. I have a two week paid trail that is for everyone to get on board, parents, kid and provider. It takes 21+ times of consistency to build a new habit. I would have talked, emailed and invoiced them for this, but would have given a one time credit.

In my rules if you are late 3 times picking up by more than 20 minutes, I will term you. I invoice them to keep track, even the one that I would give as a credit will still count as 1.

I have had this happen a few times. I know many of you won't agree with me, but being in a new place takes time to remember everything, even if we were told many of times. Most of the parents who did that to me all came from centers where you were allowed to use it from open to close.

Now, if someone was just taking advantage, then that would be completely different.
but this is just me
I would also not charge for this. Every daycare is so different!
MyAngels 08:15 AM 08-24-2017
I agree with what Leigh said, but I personally would do a meeting with the parents. It would be an adults only meeting and we would go over, line by line, the contract that they signed. IMO a lot of the "misunderstandings" that parents have with our policies can be cleared up better with a face to face meeting rather than over email or text. That way any questions can be answered clearly and going forward things tend to run more smoothly.

Also, going forward, if you're going to do contracted hours I would never mention what your actual operating hours are. For all intents and purposes your operating hours for any particular family are whatever they are contracted for. They don't need to know that you've made yourself available earlier or later to another family.
Blackcat31 08:33 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I agree with what Leigh said, but I personally would do a meeting with the parents. It would be an adults only meeting and we would go over, line by line, the contract that they signed. IMO a lot of the "misunderstandings" that parents have with our policies can be cleared up better with a face to face meeting rather than over email or text. That way any questions can be answered clearly and going forward things tend to run more smoothly.

Also, going forward, if you're going to do contracted hours I would never mention what your actual operating hours are. For all intents and purposes your operating hours for any particular family are whatever they are contracted for. They don't need to know that you've made yourself available earlier or later to another family.

My contract says very clearly

"I do not have standard operating hours. I work on contracted hours and provide care on week days only.

Available hours are dependent on each individual family's needs.

Care will only be available for your family during your contracted times.

Care hours will not be before 7:00 AM nor after 5:00 PM without prior approval. Additional fees may apply."

This helps parents understand that even if I am providing services to another child they don't automatically get to use the time another family paid for unless they too paid for it.
mommyneedsadayoff 08:53 AM 08-24-2017
I think you should call them and then just "remind" them of the policies. They are only 3 days a month, so it may take them longer to figure out the daycare scene. That being said, they are adults capable of reading, so highlighting the contract and what they signed is a great idea as well. I would be very clear that regardless of nap, they must pick up on time and this was not 5 minutes, but almost 30 minutes, so late fees will apply. "You paid for the hours of 8-4, so if you need to extend those hours, the new fee would increase to XX dollars. This will give you time for your errands before pick up and will ensure I am paid for my services. Let me know what you would like to do."
Ariana 09:12 AM 08-24-2017
what specifically would you say?
This is exactly how I would handle the situation in your specific shoes with the lack of interest in care and having issues with policies/ terming etc.

"Hi DCM, I apologize for the confusion. In tne contract that you signed there is a section on late fees and when they incur. I thought I had made it clear but since you are new to daycare I know it can be a bit confusing! I am willing to waive the fee this time but policies will be strictly enforced going forward. *explain policies again politely* If you need any clarification about any of my othef policies please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks for your understanding"

I have done things like this in the past and have never had a repeat offender. It depends on the family and if I want to keep them or not. There is a difference between parents being jerks and parents being scatterbrains. In your situation I would forgive this one time, just to keep them.
Mom2Two 10:54 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I think you should call them and then just "remind" them of the policies. They are only 3 days a month, so it may take them longer to figure out the daycare scene. That being said, they are adults capable of reading, so highlighting the contract and what they signed is a great idea as well. I would be very clear that regardless of nap, they must pick up on time and this was not 5 minutes, but almost 30 minutes, so late fees will apply. "You paid for the hours of 8-4, so if you need to extend those hours, the new fee would increase to XX dollars. This will give you time for your errands before pick up and will ensure I am paid for my services. Let me know what you would like to do."
This is pretty close to what I'm thinking too.

You made an agreement with them and either they understand it or they don't. I would email them another copy of the contract and either call or email and go over the terms (that they already agreed to). I would just keep the focus of the conversation on "this is what works for me...are you sure that it works for you?"

Then they get to say "yes" or "no."

Either they didn't really understand or they are trying to renegotiate...after starting care. If you are certain that your contract is the best you can live with, then their choice is simply to live by it or not.

If not, I guess they can move on to...you know...all those other daycares who are excited to take on one day/week drop ins
trix23 01:07 PM 08-24-2017
I had a feeling that this particular family would not be a good fit, but I never trust my intuition....
Unregistered 04:04 PM 08-24-2017
I remember when my son was in daycare I wrote down that i would need care til 4:30. I didnt realize it was contracted hours and kept him there an extra 15min one day. When i was told i owed for the extra 15min i was confused because i knew she was open til 5:30. But i didnt get mad, i just paid it and knew not to be late next time. My mom later explained it to me as she once was an inhome provider and did the same thing. Life is too short to be mad over little things, idk why parents are so weird.
trix23 07:43 PM 08-24-2017
Daycare Services Termination Letter

Friday, August 25, 2017

Dear X Family,

Based on what has been discussed thus far as well as your needs and expectations for care for DCK, I feel that you may be better off with a nanny or an individual babysitter that can come to your home for childcare services. Because of this, I feel like this isn’t a good fit for my program. As such, I am issuing notice for withdrawal of daycare services, effective immediately.

Your child(ren)’s last day of care will be Friday, August 25th, 2017. Please adhere to all termination policies with regards to payment and settling of your account.

In accordance with Biz Daycare’s Handbook and Contract Agreement, you are required to pay for services and any outstanding fees up until the last day of service stated in the Termination Letter, whether or not your child is present. (You currently owe $25)

I wish you and your family all the best. Good luck in your daycare search!

Warm Regards,
~Miss Daycare Lady

Owner/Operator
Unregistered 05:07 AM 08-25-2017
How did it go?
trix23 07:50 AM 08-25-2017
The phone call is at 5pm tonight. I will be recording it so that they cannot cause any funny business. I will be telling them that the late payment fee is past due and needs to be received by 6pm sharp tonight, per the contract agreement.

At 6:01pm i will be emailing my termination notice regardless of if they pay or not.
daycare 07:52 AM 08-25-2017
The phone call is at 5pm tonight. I will be recording it so that they cannot cause any funny business. I will be telling them that the late payment fee is past due and needs to be received by 6pm sharp tonight, per the contract agreement.

At 6:01pm i will be emailing my termination notice regardless of if they pay or not.
be careful with that. My understanding is that you legally have to notify someone if you are recording them.

Can I ask why you are going to even have the meeting if you already know you want to term? It sounds like a waste of everyone's time.

Maybe when they call, just say something like I have had time to think about this and I really think that we are just not a good fit for each other.
trix23 08:02 AM 08-25-2017
I will be notifying them that i am recording the call
trix23 08:03 AM 08-25-2017
If I do decide to cancel it, what should I say?

I don't go bank on my word
Leigh 08:07 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
be careful with that. My understanding is that you legally have to notify someone if you are recording them.

Can I ask why you are going to even have the meeting if you already know you want to term? It sounds like a waste of everyone's time.

Maybe when they call, just say something like I have had time to think about this and I really think that we are just not a good fit for each other.
38 states allow recording without informing the other party. They're "one party consent" states. If you're in one of the following states, you must inform them of the recording: California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
Unregistered 08:07 AM 08-25-2017
Just let them know that a meeting wont be necessary because you have decided to terminate care/contract.
Baby Beluga 08:35 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just let them know that a meeting wont be necessary because you have decided to terminate care/contract.
I agree with this. If you have already made your decision to end care I think a meeting is unnecessary.

Curious how your drop in works? For mine it is available only if there is space. Does yours work the same? If so, are you able to simply tell this family you are full or no longer accepting drop in families? Might be easier for them to digest that way vs a termination letter.
Baby Beluga 08:36 AM 08-25-2017
38 states allow recording without informing the other party. They're "one party consent" states. If you're in one of the following states, you must inform them of the recording: California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington.

If you do decide to go through with the meeting and you are not in one of the above states, I personally would not tell them you are recording.
Blackcat31 09:36 AM 08-25-2017

I don't go bank on my word

No you don't.
You go to the bank on MY words

SMH
trix23 09:38 AM 08-25-2017
I am in Florida so I would have to tell them.

My drop-ins work if there's availability. And as it is, they are my 2nd weekday client.

And i want to be forthright with them, even if it's hard. Going to send them the termination notice.
trix23 09:39 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
No you don't.
You go to the bank on MY words

SMH
Lol, that was a typo. I meant "I don't go back on my word." But it was a parent-requested conference, not mine.
Leigh 09:47 AM 08-25-2017
Lol, that was a typo. I meant "I don't go back on my word." But it was a parent-requested conference, not mine.
I don't think you understood BC. Maybe this will jog your memory: https://www.etsy.com/listing/5168465...-shop-header-1
trix23 09:52 AM 08-25-2017
My Etsy page? What's that got to do with anything?
LysesKids 09:55 AM 08-25-2017
My Etsy page? What's that got to do with anything?
Seriously?
Blackcat31 09:56 AM 08-25-2017
©2009-2017 by Blackcat31~ All Rights Reserved
All materials in this handbook are copyrighted by BC's Child Care.
Subject to any applicable legislation, the information in this book may not be used, copied or otherwise reproduced, distributed, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted by users unless written consent has been granted by the owner of BC's Child Care with the understanding that all copyrighted material in this handbook remain as property of BC's Child Care.

Apart from any fair dealing for purposes of private use or review, as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced in any form or by any means or transmitted or broadcast or published without prior written consent of BC's Child Care. Where appropriate, the person using this information is to acknowledge that copyright in the material belongs to BC's Child Care.
finsup 10:01 AM 08-25-2017
I don't think you understood BC. Maybe this will jog your memory: https://www.etsy.com/listing/5168465...-shop-header-1
With that handbook you shouldn't be having any issues. Oh...wait...it's not yours
trix23 10:04 AM 08-25-2017
Are you claiming that I used your material in my handbook? Because if you are that's pretty big deal.

What do you see that is "yours" supposedly? I spent 3 years refniing an editing my handbook.
midaycare 10:25 AM 08-25-2017
Are you claiming that I used your material in my handbook? Because if you are that's pretty big deal.

What do you see that is "yours" supposedly? I spent 3 years refniing an editing my handbook.
If BC says it's hers, it's hers. She doesn't lie, and willingly helps anyone who asks for it. Her actions speak louder than your words.
trix23 10:35 AM 08-25-2017
I'm asking what is copyrighted. From those 3 pages on the sample, she's claiming copyright infringement?
Ariana 01:57 PM 08-25-2017
I'm asking what is copyrighted. From those 3 pages on the sample, she's claiming copyright infringement?
Dude you do not have a leg to stand on. Best advice is to take it down now before this goes any further. This is copyrighted material.

You have really burned a bridge here by doing this to one of us
trix23 02:44 PM 08-25-2017
I did not use her content. Anyone that thinks I did may see my Handbook, without issue. Please PM me and I will email it to you for you to see that I did not copy her materials.
Blackcat31 03:01 PM 08-25-2017
I did not use her content. Anyone that thinks I did may see my Handbook, without issue. Please PM me and I will email it to you for you to see that I did not copy her materials.
Do you want me to PayPal you the $80 or drop a check in the mail?
Mom2Two 03:09 PM 08-25-2017

Mom2Two 03:16 PM 08-25-2017
Okay, I quoted Leigh before reading the rest of the thread. Just ignore me...
trix23 03:30 PM 08-25-2017
I don't know what you mean about the Paypal or check in the mail comment....

As I said before, will gladly email you my Handbook so you can see that I did not copy your content.
daycare 04:35 PM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by leigh:
38 states allow recording without informing the other party. They're "one party consent" states. If you're in one of the following states, you must inform them of the recording: California, connecticut, florida, illinois, maryland, massachusetts, michigan, montana, nevada, new hampshire, pennsylvania, and washington.
i belive that the op is in florida
trix23 06:31 PM 08-25-2017
My Handbook. read before you judge.
Attached: Parent-Provider Handbook 8-25-17.pdf (1.76 MB) 
BumbleBee 06:42 PM 08-25-2017
No. Just no. This one is 26 pages long. Your original Etsy page says 40 pages. Where is the original one you tried to sell, that is the one we want to see.

You're trying to cover your tracks and you're doing a very poor job of it. We are not stupid, yet you seem to think you can lie your way out of your original deceit.

You should be ashamed of yourself. To try to cover what you did with lies instead of admitting it from the get go tells me exactly what kind of person you are. Someone I never want to be associated with and someone who has put a dark mark on our profession. Shame on you.
trix23 06:52 PM 08-25-2017
I whittled it down to 26 pages a few months ago.

was 52

then 40

then 32

now 26.

IF IT WILL MAKE YOU ALL SHUT UP i will find my former edition from my longer version
trix23 06:54 PM 08-25-2017
I am not "covering up my tracks". if I did indeed copy her material, i would have no issue with admitting it.

she commented and TOLD ME that my title page looks like hers and that if i changed it that she wouldn't make a fuss about it. seems to me like it was all part of the plan to make me look bad. i know she's like a God to you all, but even Gods can make errors in judgment. and it was indeed a snap judgment on her part that led to this whole fiasco anyway.
LysesKids 06:57 PM 08-25-2017
I whittled it down to 26 pages a few months ago.

was 52

then 40

then 32

now 26.

IF IT WILL MAKE YOU ALL SHUT UP I will find my former edition from my longer version
Why lie & state you are selling 40 pages? Busted, and yes you really aren't fairing well with your lies. We all know you are covering up something
Cat Herder 07:01 PM 08-25-2017
seems to me like it was all part of the plan to make me look bad.
To what end

We barely know who you are.

Well, before now..... We all know you now.
trix23 07:02 PM 08-25-2017
Here's my ~40 page handbook, dated from earlier this year.
Attached: 40 page handbook.pdf (1.70 MB) 
KiwiKids 07:04 PM 08-25-2017
I read often and rarely post... I looked at your etsy link right before you changed it. This is NOT the handbook you had on etsy. I've never seen BC's handbook personally, but I did see you switch your etsy store today. I thought I was crazy but I have two screen shots of different handbook table of contents.

Edited to add they have times attached. 4:14pm and 4:15pm
trix23 07:06 PM 08-25-2017
I don't know why all of you are on a power trip to get me "busted" but there's no funny business. My Handbook was too long for court and so I've been shortening it the past few months since earlier this year. My current one is 26 pages and if the Etsy page still says 40, then i may need to put up a whole new listing, cause that's old information.
KiwiKids 07:10 PM 08-25-2017
Here's my ~40 page handbook, dated from earlier this year.
Like I said... I haven't seen either book in question but that's a different table of contents than you had on etsy. That's a third version.
trix23 07:11 PM 08-25-2017
~40 pages one is from like Jan 2017

the one on Etsy is from literally yesterday/today

everyone's handbook is an evolving document.
trix23 08:35 PM 08-25-2017
So for all of you claiming that i copied her content, you now have proof. Waiting for apologies!
284878 09:02 PM 08-25-2017
This is from your sale of the 40-page book that you sold.
Attached: Untitled.jpg (30.5 KB) 
trix23 11:36 PM 08-25-2017
I can't really read that. Your point?
bklsmum 01:26 AM 08-26-2017
I think her point is that it says 40 pages on it.
trix23 06:11 AM 08-26-2017
I uploaded the 40 page one AND my new 26-page one. Where's the issue?

And all those that accused me, still waiting on apologies!!! Your beloved and idolized BC was dead WRONG about me AND my content. Shame on you all for not looking at both sides before you decided to comment.
midaycare 06:53 AM 08-26-2017
We don't think we're wrong, we're just choosing not to give the troll some bread.
trix23 07:17 AM 08-26-2017
Who is the troll?
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 08-26-2017
Enough already!

You can upload, PM, e-mail and/or "present" whatever version of your handbook that you want. Any of it can be/has been edited to say what you want it to say. It doesn't change anything.

The proof is in the evidence others have found, noticed and mentioned. Your random dates, quick changes, misc edits and backtracking don't prove anything. It does demonstrates an odd pattern of behavior that says a lot about you as a person and provider.

You can deflect and call me whatever you want to as it's not the first time someone has tried to shift the blame and point the finger. Most of us deal with that type of childish behavior and manipulation daily within our classrooms and group dynamics. It's not hard to recognize.

However, you missed the entire point anyways....

You come to this forum and pick the brains of others, gather info, advice and even useful paperwork and then try to sell everything provided for FREE to you for personal profit

The problem with that is that is it "appears" that you can talk the talk but it's clear you can not walk the walk. Your posts are all the proof anyone needs to see that.

I don't need to defend myself or my integrity here as my posts, behavior and rapport with other members speak for me. If I'm faking that then that's an awfully big lie to live for so long. I have zero reason to "pick" on you. I don't know you nor does anyone I know have a connection to you in any way.

There is no reason, other than feeling a bit used, that would cause me to have such animosity towards you. None.

You have posted ALOT asking for advice, help and support as well as asking for "exact" wording when handling certain things or for written policies.... ALL of that paints a picture of a new provider that hasn't yet found her groove.

But then you take this information and try to sell it...as if you've got your program tweaked to perfection. That's fraudulent in and of itself! It's also so disrespectful and hurtful to not only me but to every member of this forum that has offered you a kind word and/or support as you attempted to build your business.

I wouldn't buy a driver's instruction manual from someone who hasn't got their driver's license yet.

What gives you the right to gather/take and use ANY information anyone here has given you for free and sell it?

That action alone defines your character.
Your reaction to being called out just confirms it.

I don't think there is anything else that needs to be said.
Tags:askhole, biting the hand that feeds you, copyright, copyright infringement, late fee, late fee policy
Closed Thread Up