Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Suggestions would be helpful...
cherryhill 01:36 PM 09-21-2010
Hello,
I care for two 20month old girls and two boys one 18months and the other 15 months. One of the little girls I have been watching since January and she still has problems napping. She yells from the top of her lungs I am surprise no one has called the cops. Today they have been in the nap room for close to an hour and she is still yelling not crying just yelling as if I am abusing her. It is driving me crazy. I have separated the boys because they yell loudly playfully and never fall asleep but not sure what to do about her she keeps everyone up. I have talked to her mom about it but she is really no help because she is in the same situation at home she will not sleep at night. She is extremely tired here and constantly needs to be watched It is getting hard to change diapers or fix lunch without her bitting someone or hitting with a toy. The little boy that is napping in the same room with her usually sleeps 2-3 hours if I keep her down here with me during nap time and put her up for a nap when the rest wake up, but it is hard keeping her quiet and vice versa. plus I don't want her to nap to late in the afternoon. I am used to keeping her down with me but lately she is too loud and crying because she is tired and wakes everyone. On the rare days she does go to sleep with the other kids without too much yelling it is only for 45mins to an hour. I guess I just need to know what you guys would do. I just want to find another kid and replace her.
DCMomOf3 01:47 PM 09-21-2010
I had a boy that would yell and jump in his pnp all of nap. I switched him to a mat on the floor and now he sleeps like a champ. I don't know why it worked but it did. Maybe because in the pnp they are not required to lay down but on the mat I was there to lay him back down everytime he stood up. He was loud during the adjustment days but not since.
missnikki 02:09 PM 09-21-2010
Just a thought- Is it possible that she has something bothering her, like a food allergy giving her gas pains, or is it more mad yelling?
cherryhill 02:19 PM 09-21-2010
Hi MissNikki, just yelling because she wants to be held going to sleep. She had a nanny up until 12months who held her for naps. Her mom lays with her on the weekends until she falls asleep, bedtime is like a two hour ordeal at her house. Her mom has even mentioned that if she knew having DCG would have been this hard she would have not had her apparently she is worst at home crying most of the night due to exhaustion. I have tried patting her on her back for a few minutes, then leaving when she calms down but she will yell like crazy.
Lucy 02:44 PM 09-21-2010
Oh my... in my state we can only have TWO kids in this age group.
MyAngels 03:07 PM 09-21-2010
I would put her in a room by herself if at all possible, and make it dark and cool, and use some sort of white noise to see if that would help her relax and fall asleep a little better. You could also try, in place of white noise, a lullaby or nature sounds cd set to repeat, to signal that it's time for a nap.
broncomom1973 10:31 AM 09-22-2010
I really sympathize with you. I had a 15 month old boy who was really cute and did great in many aspects when he started coming to my daycare. After about 4 days here he started to yell out at random times like when everyone was quiet and eating their food, or during naptime. It sounded like he was saying BOP really, really loud. He was completely happy, smiling while he did it, but it was horrible. I honestly thought maybe he had tourrettes syndrome. I started having heart palpitations because he would do it so often throughout the day. I finally recorded it for his mom to hear and told her it was a real concern for me. It upset the kids too. I found out after he left that almost all of the other children started having nightmares after he started coming here and one of the childrens pediatrician associated it with the "loud" noises that this child made. I honestly cant stress how bad it was. After a couple of weeks of it and no headway (I tried multiple things to get it to stop), I "dismissed" him from my daycare. It was so calm here and such a better atmosphere for everyone. I really, really hope things improve. Sorry I dont have any advice other than if you have to, I would get rid of her for your own sanity. Good luck.
Reply Up