Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Do Handprints Of An 8 Month Old?!
sahm2three 09:36 AM 12-22-2010
I am making handprints with paint for the parents for Christmas, but am having NO luck with my 8 mo. He automatically makes a fist. Any ideas?
dEHmom 09:40 AM 12-22-2010
keep your hand firm against the top of his.

dip it in paint, and then push his hand on paper, to get extra paint off, then push it on whatever you're putting it on. took me about 10 attempts with my 1 yr old yesterday
marniewon 09:40 AM 12-22-2010
yes, do a footprint instead. LOL No, no tips here how to do that - my kids would not only make a fist, but as soon as any paint hit the hand, they would have it in their hair, face, etc.
sahm2three 09:43 AM 12-22-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
yes, do a footprint instead. LOL No, no tips here how to do that - my kids would not only make a fist, but as soon as any paint hit the hand, they would have it in their hair, face, etc.
LOL, well, the poem is about hand prints and the top of the page says This is the hand you used to hold when I was only 8 months old. So, unfortunately a foot wouldn't work! But it would be MUCH easier!! We have got thru about 6 sheets already, and the ink I am going thru in my printer is getting to be a bit much! LOL!
dEHmom 09:45 AM 12-22-2010
why not just cut it out and paste it after?

or get the handprint, and then once it dries, put through the printer?
SimpleMom 10:29 AM 12-22-2010
If it works for your project, you could use thier footprint instead. ha-ha...just read the other posts...guess the footprint would NOT work
SandeeAR 10:44 AM 12-22-2010
At that age, I would draw around it. Then if you really want it painted, do the outline black marker, and sponge paint the inside, so it sort of looks like the hand print.
DCMom 10:57 AM 12-22-2010
When I do baby hands, I do it in a two step process. Paint the palm and thumb first while hold the fingers back with my fingers; do that print . Let the paint dry, then paint the fingers ( holding them straight at the tips ) then align the palm with the first print and press the fingers down.

I did ten handprint calendars for parent gifts this year; the kids are 8 months - 5 years and this method worked well for the young and tickilish
MarinaVanessa 08:09 AM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
When I do baby hands, I do it in a two step process. Paint the palm and thumb first while hold the fingers back with my fingers; do that print . Let the paint dry, then paint the fingers ( holding them straight at the tips ) then align the palm with the first print and press the fingers down.

I did ten handprint calendars for parent gifts this year; the kids are 8 months - 5 years and this method worked well for the young and tickilish
This is an amazing idea and I wanted to thank you. I did what you said for my infant and got it on the first try (he's not even 2 months old yet). I love it! Now I have his handprint, I just wish I would have thought of this when he was born.
Tags:hand print
Reply Up