Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recently Termed Dad Drama
laundrymom 10:14 AM 02-11-2011
apparently I was the subject of halftime conversation at a party where my new family (who Ive been waiting on since last spring, baby starts monday) and the family who never paid on time that I termed two weeks ago both attended.

apparently I ,....
leave the kids unattended,
leave the kids with strangers
leave the kids outside alone,
leave the kids inside alone
allow various people into the home to watch the kids play
leave the kids with other people
allow other people around the kids
allow black men around the kids
watch soaps instead of watching kids
have to close down because of too many kids
have to term because of too many kids

and thats just what has been told to me....
ok,...
I am within sight AND sound at all times
Ive only left the kids in sight and sound with my own husband who is a coprovider with me
sight AND sound
sight AND sound
Im guilty of letting people in the home to watch things, they are called license consultants, food program monitors, mentors from resource and referral, paths to QUALITY mentors and observers, and National Accreditation monitors.
Ive only left the kids with my husband,
I do allow my teen and adult children to have people over, they are all 17 - 19 years old and urteous and friendly. Also they are a fixture here. Always have been, always will be.
Yes I allow all colors of skin in my program, the only thing Im prejudiced about are closeminded people.
The only soaps I watch are hand, dish and laundry ones.
I termed because I wanted less families, not because I had to, I CHOSE to.

Im so angry right now. so so angry.

the family still are coming, I explained my side, that I termed for professional reasons because I was downsizing my group to provide the higher level of care that I wanted to. NOT because I HAD to. She knows, she said she could tell that he was just bashing. That he kept saying how his kid had been crying for me, how he hated the new place. (which kills me)

Then Mom who doesnt pay called me, today... says I heard you have been spreading rumors about me,... I said HOLD ON, I get a call telling me that you have been saying I was not a good provider, that I ,...bla bla bla,.... I said, let me tell you something, I have taken care of your son for two years with no payments, late payments, crazy hours, rules and arrangments, I have bent over backwards for you and THIS IS THE THANKS I GET!?
she is like, well I really want to work this out,.. I said, no,.. Im finished,.. there is nothing to work out. dont call me again. and hung up.

Im so over drama!!!!!
dEHmom 10:24 AM 02-11-2011
Good for you!

Go girl.
DCMomOf3 10:27 AM 02-11-2011
I am very glad that they didn't sway your new family into terming care. they were probably mad that you said you were downsizing and yet were taking a new baby.

I am proud of you for keeping your ground. I hope the family moves on and stops badmouthing you. That is not professional at all.
momofsix 10:28 AM 02-11-2011
Awesome you for standing up for yourself! And you must have already made a great impression on the new family, that they could see right through the crazy dad's lies!
lil angels 10:29 AM 02-11-2011
Oh crap I am so sorry to hear this. I would not let them back in my house again. They have to make up all sorts of things because they got termed before they were able to do it them selves. So they have to do everything they can to make it look like you are the bad guy not them. Try to not think about it and have a good friday and weekend.
DCMom 10:32 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Then Mom who doesnt pay called me, today... says I heard you have been spreading rumors about me,... I said HOLD ON, I get a call telling me that you have been saying I was not a good provider, that I ,...bla bla bla,.... I said, let me tell you something, I have taken care of your son for two years with no payments, late payments, crazy hours, rules and arrangments, I have bent over backwards for you and THIS IS THE THANKS I GET!?
she is like, well I really want to work this out,.. I said, no,.. Im finished,.. there is nothing to work out. dont call me again. and hung up.
Good for you!
dEHmom 10:33 AM 02-11-2011
My bet is that the new family talked about the great care they are just about to start,

Termed family realized same place, and felt like donkeys because they didn't want to admit to anyone or even themselves that they were termed.
laundrymom 10:37 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
My bet is that the new family talked about the great care they are just about to start,

Termed family realized same place, and felt like donkeys because they didn't want to admit to anyone or even themselves that they were termed.
yes, truth is I have had the new fam on the books for 8 1/2 months. it just happened to be that I termed within a month of when they were supposed to start. of course, them not paying did determine WHICH family got the boot, but I have had a relationship with the new fam since last spring! and she is the best friend to a mom who I had from infant to school age.
SilverSabre25 11:41 AM 02-11-2011
Wow, that's awful! Good for you for standing up for yourself! I'm glad that your new family is still going to come and could tell that the other family was just full of poo.
momofboys 11:43 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
apparently I was the subject of halftime conversation at a party where my new family (who Ive been waiting on since last spring, baby starts monday) and the family who never paid on time that I termed two weeks ago both attended.

apparently I ,....
leave the kids unattended,
leave the kids with strangers
leave the kids outside alone,
leave the kids inside alone
allow various people into the home to watch the kids play
leave the kids with other people
allow other people around the kids
allow black men around the kids
watch soaps instead of watching kids
have to close down because of too many kids
have to term because of too many kids

and thats just what has been told to me....
ok,...
I am within sight AND sound at all times
Ive only left the kids in sight and sound with my own husband who is a coprovider with me
sight AND sound
sight AND sound
Im guilty of letting people in the home to watch things, they are called license consultants, food program monitors, mentors from resource and referral, paths to QUALITY mentors and observers, and National Accreditation monitors.
Ive only left the kids with my husband,
I do allow my teen and adult children to have people over, they are all 17 - 19 years old and urteous and friendly. Also they are a fixture here. Always have been, always will be.
Yes I allow all colors of skin in my program, the only thing Im prejudiced about are closeminded people.
The only soaps I watch are hand, dish and laundry ones.
I termed because I wanted less families, not because I had to, I CHOSE to.

Im so angry right now. so so angry.

the family still are coming, I explained my side, that I termed for professional reasons because I was downsizing my group to provide the higher level of care that I wanted to. NOT because I HAD to. She knows, she said she could tell that he was just bashing. That he kept saying how his kid had been crying for me, how he hated the new place. (which kills me)

Im so over drama!!!!!
I'm sorry they were bad nouthing you!
Little People 11:48 AM 02-11-2011
People love you when you do do do and do for them, but the moment you say NO, you become the bad person. Shame on them for saying those bad things about you!!

They should of realized what an EXCELLENT PROVIDER they had and PAID YOU and followed your rules. They are the ones who did this to their child!!

Here are hugggggssss for you!!
angelpayne24 01:23 PM 02-11-2011
Good for you for standing up to that mom and dad!
missnikki 01:55 PM 02-11-2011
There are few things sweeter than an end to unneccesary drama. Some people cannot handle being shown the door for their behavior. They'll go away and you 'll be left smelling like daisies. Shame on them.
ninosqueridos 02:27 PM 02-11-2011
Funny how NOW she wants to work things out...yeah now that her child is unhappy.
Tags:accusations, backbone
Reply Up