Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stick Puppets
JeepGirl6 11:05 AM 05-03-2011
I went to the store last night and bought popsicle sticks. I would like to make puppets with the children. Anyone make stick puppets? Anyone have printouts or ideas for stick puppets? Thanks
gkids09 04:29 PM 05-03-2011
May not be what you're looking for...BUT my grandmother used to use empty toilet paper rolls, glue or tape them to a paint stick (I would assume a popsicle stick would work just as well!), and use felt to create skin, hair, clothes, etc. She even made Christmas ornaments this way, which we used FOREVER until 2 years ago when they were stored in a shed outside and mice moved into them. yuck. That's another story. lol

Anyway, I found one the other day on a paint stick, and your post reminded me of it! She also used googly eyes, sequins, glitter, markers, etc to decorate them! I would think if you went this route, the kids would LOVE decorating them!!
PitterPatter 04:46 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
I went to the store last night and bought popsicle sticks. I would like to make puppets with the children. Anyone make stick puppets? Anyone have printouts or ideas for stick puppets? Thanks
Felt is perfect for ours. I cut the people/shapes/animals out of 2 pieces of felt, sew around the edges leaving an opening at the bottom and stuff them with polyfill then insert the stick and hot glue the end shut around the stick.
Tags:puppets
Reply Up