Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Surveillance Camera Consent Forms And Questions
Sprouts 10:43 AM 12-29-2011
Okay sooooo I am so excited we just installed our surveillance cameras (and yes i know they are not to take place of adult supervision)....

QUESTION: and for those of you have them, do you have parents sign a consent form? If so would any of you let me know what kind of wording to use..??

The cameras are just for me to use, not for parents. I have two assistants and sometimes would like to watch what goes on when I am not around and to watch property and everything else you dont think of.....

QUESTION 2: so how or what kind of wording do you use when you explain to parents why you have cameras up...i dont want them to think i am using it to watch the kids instead of me either.....
grandmom 02:58 PM 12-29-2011
I'm interested in the camera you bought as I'm in the market. Does it record or just let you view? Thanks.
MissAnn 03:50 PM 12-29-2011
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
Okay sooooo I am so excited we just installed our surveillance cameras (and yes i know they are not to take place of adult supervision)....

QUESTION: and for those of you have them, do you have parents sign a consent form? If so would any of you let me know what kind of wording to use..??

The cameras are just for me to use, not for parents. I have two assistants and sometimes would like to watch what goes on when I am not around and to watch property and everything else you dont think of.....

QUESTION 2: so how or what kind of wording do you use when you explain to parents why you have cameras up...i dont want them to think i am using it to watch the kids instead of me either.....
Are you filming or just used as a monitor? I have a system too.....I attached it to the living room's big screen TV and I have 4 camera's that show at all times. I did not have parents sign anything because I am not taking a video.
Sprouts 10:06 AM 12-31-2011
i got the Lorex camera from costco, it comes with a dvr and allows you to record. I looked through MANY! and this seemed like a pretty good deal and great quality and wide field of vision. and night vision

I just read it is not illegal for a business to record video and you do not need permission. I dont plan on giving any passwords to parents or recording sound so i think I am good.
Tags:cctv, surveillance cameras
Reply Up