Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank you Blackcat!
Play Care 05:00 AM 04-12-2016
I had to close today because younger child has a violent stomach bug. But, I was able to use my "emergency closure" contact sheet so everyone knew and no one showed up

Thank you for that!
Thriftylady 05:31 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I had to close today because younger child has a violent stomach bug. But, I was able to use my "emergency closure" contact sheet so everyone knew and no one showed up

Thank you for that!
What is that?
Blackcat31 05:31 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:

Thank you for that!
You are welcome! Hoping your little one is better soon!!
This has been a terrible Spring for everyone...seems the illness stuff is just keeps hanging on....
Play Care 06:10 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
What is that?
It's a contact form that makes families give me ONE sure way to get in touch with them if I need to close unexpectedly.
The last time I had to close due to illness, I got to spend nearly an hour trying to get in touch with everyone and STILL one family showed.
JackandJill 06:42 AM 04-12-2016
Is there a way to get a copy? The one time I had to close unexpectedly was a DISASTER!!
Miss A 07:11 AM 04-12-2016
if Black Cat is willing to share, this would be a great means of contacting parents should I go into labor during the night or daycare hours!
284878 06:42 AM 04-13-2016
Interested in it too.
childcaremom 06:51 AM 04-13-2016
This is a really good idea. I just made one up.

At the top of the sheet I ask parents to provide a sure way of contact if I need to close due an illness or emergency. Text or email (in case it's the middle of the night and I'm up sick or a child is or whatever). And remind them that they need to respond.

Then I ask for a contact list in the order of contact I should use if I need to reach them during the daycare day (illness/injury/whatever). Name/relationship to child/contact info. In order of contact and that I will move down the list if no response after 3 mins.

One sheet. Very simple. Great idea!
Play Care 09:11 AM 04-13-2016
Sorry, my laptop went down or I would have shared
Tags:emergency closure, notice of closure
Reply Up