Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Payment Question
iRadiateLove 12:26 PM 09-05-2017
So, I had to issue my first termination letter. I searched this forum for ideas on how to draft up my letter. I drafted up the letter and gave it to DCM on 8/17... The letter indicated that it was a two week notice and that the last day of care would be on 9/1... DCM received vouchers. My letter also stated that I would be collecting pay via day care vouchers up until 9/1 and that she would still be responsible for her weekly co-pay for the last two weeks. The following week, DCB only attending on Thursday and Friday... mind you, DCM NEVER gives notice of when child will not be attending even though my contract clearly states that I should be notified daily no later than 9am on whether or not the child will be in attendance. DCB didn't show up at all last week. I texted mom at 1 pm on 8/28 to let her know that I was waiving her co-pay for the week... Child never showed that morning and she never notified me that child wasn't coming. Child didn't show all week and I never heard from mom again....

I just got a call from social service stating that mom went into office to stop payment on vouchers and said that last day of care was 8/25. I notified social service worker that the last day of care was 8/25 but per my contract and termination letter, mom was notified that I would collect voucher payments up until 9/1. SSW updated the date in the system to reflect 9/1...

Why do I feel like she was trying to get over on me?! Am I wrong for feeling that way?
Blackcat31 12:39 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by iRadiateLove:
So, I had to issue my first termination letter. I searched this forum for ideas on how to draft up my letter. I drafted up the letter and gave it to DCM on 8/17... The letter indicated that it was a two week notice and that the last day of care would be on 9/1... DCM received vouchers. My letter also stated that I would be collecting pay via day care vouchers up until 9/1 and that she would still be responsible for her weekly co-pay for the last two weeks. The following week, DCB only attending on Thursday and Friday... mind you, DCM NEVER gives notice of when child will not be attending even though my contract clearly states that I should be notified daily no later than 9am on whether or not the child will be in attendance. DCB didn't show up at all last week. I texted mom at 1 pm on 8/28 to let her know that I was waiving her co-pay for the week... Child never showed that morning and she never notified me that child wasn't coming. Child didn't show all week and I never heard from mom again....

I just got a call from social service stating that mom went into office to stop payment on vouchers and said that last day of care was 8/25. I notified social service worker that the last day of care was 8/25 but per my contract and termination letter, mom was notified that I would collect voucher payments up until 9/1. SSW updated the date in the system to reflect 9/1...

Why do I feel like she was trying to get over on me?! Am I wrong for feeling that way?
She was. She didn't like that you broke up with her so she tried to make you pay for it (literally and figuratively) by stopping her vouchers...

Thank goodness your agency believes you and will be paying up until 9/1. Not all voucher/assistance programs work in favor of the provider.

ANY time you have to terminate anyone, expect ANY and ALL bad behaviors to appear as its a rare situation that a parent/family/child is termed and everything just goes as planned and that's that. It happens but not very often.

Sorry you had to deal with any of that but glad you are going to still be paid.
iRadiateLove 12:50 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
She was. She didn't like that you broke up with her so she tried to make you pay for it (literally and figuratively) by stopping her vouchers...

Thank goodness your agency believes you and will be paying up until 9/1. Not all voucher/assistance programs work in favor of the provider.

ANY time you have to terminate anyone, expect ANY and ALL bad behaviors to appear as its a rare situation that a parent/family/child is termed and everything just goes as planned and that's that. It happens but not very often.

Sorry you had to deal with any of that but glad you are going to still be paid.
Thank you! I hate that I had to term but I've been dealing with stress and anxiety behind the lack of communication and behaviors of parent and child for over a year. It was time. And, I had literally just received an email stating that they were processing payment right before SS called me.
knoxmomof2 04:45 PM 09-06-2017
I recently had someone start with me. I collect a 1 week deposit to be applied to the last week of care - provided they give me 2 weeks' notice that they are leaving.

4 year old DCB starts, 2 weeks later she tells me that he has been accepted into a public preschool program and will be starting as long as they have room in the afterschool program. I tell her to let me know. She lets me know a few days later that he got accepted. I remind her about the deposit policy. She says okay.

I get a text that Sunday night stating that she hadn't paid me yet because she was going to use her deposit for his last week. I reminded her that she still owed me for the week and could apply the deposit to the following week. She said ok, tells me that he starts preschool the following Tuesday because they are closed Monday for the eclipse. I say "so will be need care for Monday?" (she's a teacher and the schools were closed for the eclipse). She says "yes". (So, basically she's sending him that Monday because she has to pay for a week that he won't be attending.) That Monday, when he's my only child in care and her usual drop-off time is 7:45, I'm ready and waiting. She doesn't show after half an hour. I go about my day. 3 hours later, I get a text "I'm here. I know I'm so late." She claims to be sick.... I was so glad it was my last day working for her! (but I wish I had taken off and gone somewhere.. Lol) So yeah, that's what you get with last day / last week care. 😕
hwichlaz 05:01 PM 09-06-2017
Our subsidy program will pay for two weeks notice and up to 10 holidays....HOWEVER, they will not pay two providers for the same day. She probably already switched and needed the new provider to be covered.
iRadiateLove 02:46 PM 09-07-2017
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
I recently had someone start with me. I collect a 1 week deposit to be applied to the last week of care - provided they give me 2 weeks' notice that they are leaving.

4 year old DCB starts, 2 weeks later she tells me that he has been accepted into a public preschool program and will be starting as long as they have room in the afterschool program. I tell her to let me know. She lets me know a few days later that he got accepted. I remind her about the deposit policy. She says okay.

I get a text that Sunday night stating that she hadn't paid me yet because she was going to use her deposit for his last week. I reminded her that she still owed me for the week and could apply the deposit to the following week. She said ok, tells me that he starts preschool the following Tuesday because they are closed Monday for the eclipse. I say "so will be need care for Monday?" (she's a teacher and the schools were closed for the eclipse). She says "yes". (So, basically she's sending him that Monday because she has to pay for a week that he won't be attending.) That Monday, when he's my only child in care and her usual drop-off time is 7:45, I'm ready and waiting. She doesn't show after half an hour. I go about my day. 3 hours later, I get a text "I'm here. I know I'm so late." She claims to be sick.... I was so glad it was my last day working for her! (but I wish I had taken off and gone somewhere.. Lol) So yeah, that's what you get with last day / last week care. 😕
That sucks! I hate that some parents never take our time into consideration!
iRadiateLove 02:47 PM 09-07-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Our subsidy program will pay for two weeks notice and up to 10 holidays....HOWEVER, they will not pay two providers for the same day. She probably already switched and needed the new provider to be covered.
I think our subsidy program is the same. I think she did as well but she will be in for a surprise because our program only allows 60 pad absences per year and her kid has already missed 53 days of care with me...
Tags:subsidy issues, termination
Reply Up