Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Question - Infant
marniewon 05:00 AM 01-21-2011
I have a question for those of you on the food program. I have an infant (3mo) who comes 3 afternoons a week from 1pm-5pm. Because he's so little he has small, frequent meals. Usually he will eat twice in that time, but a few days he has had 3 bottles in that time. How would you enter that? Breakfast, lunch and pm snack? That makes sense to me, but it would look funny having "breakfast" at 1pm. Lunch and pm snack wouldn't look so bad. Would you put breakfast at 1pm or just leave that feeding off?
Blackcat31 05:08 AM 01-21-2011
why not do lunch, p.m. snack and supper for him? That would be more reasonable because of the time fram ehe is there. Supper at 4:30-5 is more believable than breakfast at 1:00. kwim? If you dont normally serve suppers, you can call your coordinator and change that for this child easily.
AnythingsPossible 05:22 AM 01-21-2011
In my understanding, you would only be able to claim an afternoon snack, unless your normal lunch time is at 1 p.m. When you have infants in your program, you don't get to claim for everytime you give them a bottle. We have to give the food program our scheduled meal times and that is when our meals can be claimed.
MommyMuffin 06:01 AM 01-21-2011
Your best bet is to contact your food program advisor. I have a 4 month old who come from 1230 - 5:30. She said I could claim lunch, pm snack and dinner.

I would not claim breakfast though.
tenderhearts 07:34 AM 01-21-2011
If he came at 1 you couldn't serve him breakfast, the food program has certain time frames for serving each meal. I would do as the others said, lunch, pm snack and dinner......
care-care 07:45 AM 01-21-2011
ok you guys have me confused. Do you provide the formula for these babies or does the parent? I have a baby but I dont provide formula.. Mom does so is that why u r claiming becuz you provide it?
marniewon 07:48 AM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by cvankampen:
ok you guys have me confused. Do you provide the formula for these babies or does the parent? I have a baby but I dont provide formula.. Mom does so is that why u r claiming becuz you provide it?
Nope, mom provides the formula, but we can claim the meal because we are "preparing and serving it". We have to offer to supply formula (which I always say I'll supply grocery generic) to claim it. I haven't had a parent yet take me up on that.
care-care 07:52 AM 01-21-2011
so if my dcm brings me the bottle already made can i still take the standard rate for meals and snacks? i have him monday 2-530 and t/th 2- 9 pm.. what would i take then? 2 snacks and meal on t/th and monday? dinner? and snack?

oh i dont do food program cuz alls i have is this baby right now.
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 01-21-2011
so if my dcm brings me the bottle already made can i still take the standard rate for meals and snacks? i have him monday 2-530 and t/th 2- 9 pm.. what would i take then? 2 snacks and meal on t/th and monday? dinner? and snack?

oh i dont do food program cuz alls i have is this baby right now.
Yes, it is my understanding that you are required to offer a formula (brand of your choice) and if parent declines and brings her own formula you can still claim it because it is prepared and served by you. You only need to offer ONE brand of formua and most of us offer the generic brand and parents decline but we still can legally claim the meals. Call your local food program person for more details.
care-care 08:01 AM 01-21-2011
well what if i just do standard meal deductions and no food program?
Blackcat31 08:02 AM 01-21-2011
well what if i just do standard meal deductions and no food program?
....that might be a Tom question because I have always done the food program so standard meal deduction is uncharted territory for me....sorry.
care-care 08:11 AM 01-21-2011
ok Tom What is the answer for this one..

I have infant mom provides the babies bottles and i feed baby also feeding some solids too I am not on food program but would u use the standard meal ded for this? I guessed not cuz I didnt think so enlighten us all..
MarinaVanessa 10:54 AM 01-21-2011
ok Tom What is the answer for this one..

I have infant mom provides the babies bottles and i feed baby also feeding some solids too I am not on food program but would u use the standard meal ded for this? I guessed not cuz I didnt think so enlighten us all..
When I was on the food program and the moms provided the formula or breastmilk I was told to claim these feedings anyway because I was spending my time to feed the babies. Not sure if you are on the food program or not but I don's see why you shouldn't be able to claim the feedings if you aren't.
care-care 05:03 AM 01-25-2011
So what do you say about this Tom?
misol 05:33 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
When I was on the food program and the moms provided the formula or breastmilk I was told to claim these feedings anyway because I was spending my time to feed the babies. Not sure if you are on the food program or not but I don's see why you shouldn't be able to claim the feedings if you aren't.

This is what our food lady told us as well.
Tags:food program, infant, infant food program
Reply Up