Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bad Feeling
gbcc 08:49 AM 06-07-2010
So, an acquantance of mine has requested that her daughter come to care Mondays and Fridays. I normally will not do part time but I agreed. Then I charge $30 per day and she can only do $25 so I agreed because I like to help people if I can. She believes we are friends I think because she always send me text pics of her daughter or text me bitching about her current daycare (which is where she works). We have never hung out or anything.

So since then she text me daily asking questions about my program. Schedule, naps, crafts etc. Now these answers are both online and in the parent handbook. So I am starting to get a bad feeling that this may bring trouble and paranoia to the daycare. So, she agrees to starts, gives me a date and then another daycare parents I have tells me that she called her to get more info on the daycare and what I was like. They used to work together. So, I am thinking of telling her that I found a full time child and I can no longer take her. I just don't want an overprotective parent up my butt and second guessing everything I do. The last parent I took that I had a bad feeling about really didn't work out and ended pretty nasty. Should I go with my feeling?
momofboys 09:00 AM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
So, an acquantance of mine has requested that her daughter come to care Mondays and Fridays. I normally will not do part time but I agreed. Then I charge $30 per day and she can only do $25 so I agreed because I like to help people if I can. She believes we are friends I think because she always send me text pics of her daughter or text me bitching about her current daycare (which is where she works). We have never hung out or anything.

So since then she text me daily asking questions about my program. Schedule, naps, crafts etc. Now these answers are both online and in the parent handbook. So I am starting to get a bad feeling that this may bring trouble and paranoia to the daycare. So, she agrees to starts, gives me a date and then another daycare parents I have tells me that she called her to get more info on the daycare and what I was like. They used to work together. So, I am thinking of telling her that I found a full time child and I can no longer take her. I just don't want an overprotective parent up my butt and second guessing everything I do. The last parent I took that I had a bad feeling about really didn't work out and ended pretty nasty. Should I go with my feeling?
Totally go with your gut. If you have a bad feeling it's likely there for a reason!
Greenshadow 09:43 AM 06-07-2010
Yep go with your feeling. I would.
HeatherB 09:44 AM 06-07-2010
HUMMMM yeap i would pass! No need for the drama!
Pammie 10:33 AM 06-07-2010
Absolutely trust your instincts!!!!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 11:04 AM 06-07-2010
I would go with your gut feeling too...honestly I hate that feeling that I'm being "watched" or that I have to highly impress a parent. I do a good job watching the kids, making sure they are safe and doing crafts/music/games ect. and I am nice to the kids, yet have rules they need to abide by..but when you have a parent like that, it sure does stress you out..hoping you are impressing them and NEVER EVER make a wrong move..forget it, you don't need that. I have been there and it is an uneasy feeling.

I don't think this will be good..the way she is crabbing about the daycare she works at and now prying into any and all info..sounds like it could be an ugly situation down the road. Ya, it's good to make sure you have the right daycare for your kids, but this doesn't sound like something I would get mixed up with.
Daycare Mommy 11:33 AM 06-07-2010
One thing I have FINALLY learned is to never ignore the gut feeling! It took me a loooong time, but it's finally sunk in with me. That feeling is there for a reason. NEVER ignore it!
gbcc 12:03 PM 06-07-2010
Thanks everyone! It's good to know I wasn't over reacting!
Tags:bad parent, interview
Reply Up