Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Ideas For No Prep Activities
Laurel 05:58 PM 09-08-2013
I thought maybe we could do a list of activities that require no preparation. I saw one on Pinterest but didn't pin it but can't find it now. I'd rather know yours anyway. I mean things that take no prep or very, very minimal prep.

I'll start:

-Magnetic letters and refrigerator (I roll a towel and put it at bottom of fridge so they don't go underneath)

-I give them a baby wipe to 'clean' with.

-Cotton balls and a straw-blow the balls around on the floor

-Beanbag sock-I make a beanbag by putting beans in a child sized sock and tying it tightly with a knot. They can't get it open. Also two socks rolled like you roll them after doing laundry makes a handy quick indoor ball.

Your turn......

Laurel
Lil'DinoEggs 01:12 AM 09-09-2013
shaving cream on table.....gets it really clean and smells nice
vanilla snack packs......toddler paint
playdough and cars, or legos or pipe cleaners whatever is laying around
JoseyJo 06:20 AM 09-09-2013
I started a "loose parts" bin a few weeks ago- it has things like cardboard inserts, TP rolls, styrofoam plates from fruit trays, yogurt cups, and even some old cassette and VHS tapes. (my kids are 2 and up)

We are going to have our first Loose Parts Art today- I am going to bring out the bin and they get to make whatever they want with the parts. I'll let you know how it goes
Familycare71 06:46 AM 09-09-2013
Mine are simple
Play dough
Coloring
Building (everyone works together to build a town, zoo, whatever)
Reading
Puzzles
Josiegirl 11:25 AM 09-10-2013
We went outside this a.m. and spent 15 minutes collecting maple seeds and throwing them up into the air, then watching them float like helicopters.

A couple rolls of toilet paper and let them have at it.

We did the pudding paint today and my 16 month old kept saying uh uh, wouldn't touch it with her fingers, until I gave her a spoon. She was all smiles then and knew what to do.

Painter's tape on the floor and make roads, zoos, anything.

I filled my sand table up with rice, beans and acorns, along with scoops, etc. and anytime we've got a half hour of free time when I can actually play right with them, the top comes off and they're in their glory.

Play grocery store with real cans, boxes, as long as they haven't already been opened.

Paint and 'poppy paper', makes great pics. Or just give them the poppy paper by itself and put on some music.
melilley 11:39 AM 09-10-2013
Any type of art! My kids love to paint! We even paint our toys with water and they have a blast!

Cotton balls and contact paper-let them stick and un-stick them-with lots of supervision. My kids are 2 (well, one is almost 3) and under.

Cleaning-my kids love to clean! I give them damp washcloths and they can "clean" things or they use other cleaning tools such as brooms, and even the tubes of the vacuum, they pretend to vacuum.

"Cooking". Even when we aren't really cooking, they love to use my bowls, pans, spoons, etc... to cook with. Of course you have to wash them after.

Picking weeds. I was outside one day picking weeds out of the wood chip area of the playground and by some trees that I have and some of the kids picked up the play rakes and shovels and helped me! My oldest even asked me if she could pick weeds later that week..lol

Anything loud-my kids love to be loud! Band/musical instruments, singing, marching, running from bears etc...
boysx5 09:43 AM 09-11-2013
Plastic cups we use these at the park they love collecting things in them and play for a ling time
MsLaura529 10:20 AM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
We went outside this a.m. and spent 15 minutes collecting maple seeds and throwing them up into the air, then watching them float like helicopters.

We have a big tree that hangs over our back deck and it is just LOADED with helicopters ... I cannot wait until they all come down. There is something about watching he kids try to toss them up into the air and catch them as they come down, I love it.
Cat Herder 10:28 AM 09-11-2013
Old newspapers, loose yarn and safety scissors = Mini-Vacation for me

The biggers practice cutting, measuring, folding and sorting. The littles crinkle, crumble, toss and otherwise make a huge mess.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:29 AM 09-11-2013
Cutting pictures out of magazines
Cutting curling ribbon
Gluing from the collage bucket (I constantly add "scraps" to the bucket, leftovers from other projects, household stuff)
reading books. They love it when I pull out a stack of books we haven't read in a while.
puzzles and games
The ultimate instant around here though has to be finger plays!
Counting anything (I keep poker chips for this) we also line them up and sort colors.
Sidewalk chalk.
Parachute and Music
Coloring.
OUTSIDE
Tags:activities, activities - no perpetration
Reply Up