Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trial Period is Important!
Claraskids 02:31 PM 03-02-2018
I give every family the first two weeks to see if the child will fit into our setting. I've never had one that didn't make it through the first two weeks, although looking back there were a few trouble families that I should have terminated during the trial period. Anyways, new 13 month old started Monday. Today was his last day. I used the trial period to end care and was so grateful when grandma carried him out today! Nobody should have to listen to a child scream non-stop from drop off to pick up all week!
Blackcat31 02:34 PM 03-02-2018
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
I give every family the first two weeks to see if the child will fit into our setting. I've never had one that didn't make it through the first two weeks, although looking back there were a few trouble families that I should have terminated during the trial period. Anyways, new 13 month old started Monday. Today was his last day. I used the trial period to end care and was so grateful when grandma carried him out today! Nobody should have to listen to a child scream non-stop from drop off to pick up all week!
Good for you!

You are right, no one should have to listen to that.
Hoping the parents take this as a learning lesson and don't subject their next caregiver to the same thing.

Sadly there are way too many providers that don't, won't or can't terminate a family, even when they know its best for all involved.

Here's to a SUPER quiet Monday!
Ariana 06:24 AM 03-03-2018
Mine is 6 weeks! Have used the immediate term twice and one was for a kid that cried all the live long day. Soooooo frustrating.
Claraskids 11:50 AM 03-03-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Here's to a SUPER quiet Monday!
My teen sons woke up this morning (Saturday) and the first thing they all said was "Wow! It's so peaceful!" I don't think I stopped hearing the echo of the screaming till midnight last night.

Grandma let it slip that mom has held the child pretty much 24/7 since birth. Mom created this monster; she has to fix it!
amberrose3dg 11:54 AM 03-03-2018
My teen sons woke up this morning (Saturday) and the first thing they all said was "Wow! It's so peaceful!" I don't think I stopped hearing the echo of the screaming till midnight last night.

Grandma let it slip that mom has held the child pretty much 24/7 since birth. Mom created this monster; she has to fix it!
Sounds like my sister in law. She never puts her baby down. I kinda wonder how she is doing at daycare.
Tags:trial period
Reply Up