Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Workout During DC Hours?
laceylmm 12:30 PM 01-16-2014
While kids are sleeping of course. What do you do if so? I'm just so huge and its like I never have time.
thetoddlerwhisper 12:31 PM 01-16-2014
yes i try to get my pushups and abs done while theyre sleeping
butterfly 12:42 PM 01-16-2014
I do! Just started again this week. I do while the kids are awake though. They do it with me and help me count my reps. They think it's so fun - and hilarious! started the brazen fit challenge after someone else here posted about it.
thetoddlerwhisper 12:44 PM 01-16-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I do! Just started again this week. I do while the kids are awake though. They do it with me and help me count my reps. They think it's so fun - and hilarious! started the brazen fit challenge after someone else here posted about it.
i do that to. the kids like me to lay on floor and flip them over my head. great arm workout
SquirrellyMama 12:55 PM 01-16-2014
I also workout with the kids watching. I often have them join in when I do Leslie Sansone or some light kickboxing.

How many kids do you have and what ages? When I first started daycare I had 2 of my own and 2 dcks. At that time the dck's times were staggered a bit so I went on walks. In the am I wore my son and put my dd and the dcb in a stroller. In the afternoon I would wear dcg and put my ds and dd in a stroller.

It was awesome and I lost a bunch of weight that way. Obviously, this won't work with older kids or lots of kids. I could have made the stroller fit 3 if I wanted to walk with all the kids.

Kelly
daycare 12:57 PM 01-16-2014
if I miss my morning work out I will ride the stationary bike like I am right now. It is in my office that is attached to the daycare, so it has no door on it and I can still watch all of them sleep. I have a home gym in my garage, but I don't go out in the garage while the dcks are sleeping.
childcaremom 01:21 PM 01-16-2014
I have a large stroller, as well, and take them for a walk. That is a workout and a half pushing them around I also do yoga during nap time.
Starburst 02:24 PM 01-16-2014
You can work out while they are awake too. You can try to fit in about 15-30 minutes of doing some type of kiddy yoga or Kid zumba, where you and all the kids move around or dance to music. Depending on the size of your yard you can also do laps around the yard with the kids. It also helps to teach them about having an active lifestyle and get their energy out.
Kimskiddos 02:27 PM 01-16-2014
I try to work out while the kids are sleeping. All kinds of things Wii workouts and dvds. I used to be huge and when I first started getting fit (not that I don't still have a ways to go) would walk the perimeter of my backyard while outside with the kiddos. They loved to join in at times.
Luna 03:50 PM 01-16-2014
What's stopping me is the fact that I need a shower afterwards. I could probably do laps around the yard though. Right now I'm just trying to keep moving rather than sitting so much.
daycare 04:33 PM 01-16-2014
I use wet naps and then just change my clothing until I go to the gym again later that night. gross, but it gets the job done.

oh and then when I am dry I use baby powder and dry down lightly.

I use bumble and bumble dry shampoo in my hair. I have hair past my waist that looks like a tumble weed...lol
coolconfidentme 06:12 PM 01-16-2014
I have a treadmill in my DC & train for my marathons at naptime.
Crazy8 06:30 PM 01-16-2014
I go on the treadmill in the morning before they come (before I shower). Because its in the basement I won't do it while they are here but while they are napping I will often do some wii programs or workout dvds as exercise, but nothing heavy where I'd be too sweaty.
coolconfidentme 03:15 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I go on the treadmill in the morning before they come (before I shower). Because its in the basement I won't do it while they are here but while they are napping I will often do some wii programs or workout dvds as exercise, but nothing heavy where I'd be too sweaty.
My cheatermill is right as you come in the door, lol. I'm also fortunate to have the hubster working here & get to run upstairs to the apartment for a quick shower.
Play Care 03:25 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
What's stopping me is the fact that I need a shower afterwards. I could probably do laps around the yard though. Right now I'm just trying to keep moving rather than sitting so much.
This is my issue. I just try be as physical as possible *with* the kids - chasing them around outside, dancing with them inside, showing them some Yoga moves, etc. things that get me moving, but don't make me a hot mess.
I am finding as I get older that I need to do some more actual workouts though and I'm trying to find the time for that.
Scout 03:43 AM 01-17-2014
I do! They are so funny, they line up chairs and watch me for a bit, tyen go play! The girls always ask are you going to work out?
Scout 03:45 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
Oh yay! Are you liking it? Day 17 today and the burpees are killing me!! My legs are tired now by the third set but, it is working!!! Going to complete it!
Brooksie 05:12 AM 01-17-2014
I always workout while kids are napping. I also continue my weighted reps throughout the day while they are up. Its the only time I have and its always a good pick me up to get me through the day.

http://www.pinterest.com/brooksie1203/do-it/
Brooksie 05:18 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by scout:
oh yay! Are you liking it? Day 17 today and the burpees are killing me!! My legs are tired now by the third set but, it is working!!! Going to complete it!
5e51ea3ae27ee208652cabc8705f7cd2.jpg
fc0aa0b6d09f87e93959b78e021ccb97.jpg
ff21edf9bc992f0ee86a90c06bdb74ed.jpg
Attached:
MCC 05:52 AM 01-17-2014
My favorite zumba intructor has a Tuesday AM class, sometimes I leave my assistant and I sneak out for an hour to go do that.

I have also recently started looking into kids yoga DVDs, I think it will fill a nice gap we have in our day between lunch and nap, and teach the kids about exercise.
Kimskiddos 05:55 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Attachment 2308
Attachment 2309
Attachment 2310

So feel the same way.
Brooksie 06:01 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by MCC:
My favorite zumba intructor has a Tuesday AM class, sometimes I leave my assistant and I sneak out for an hour to go do that.

I have also recently started looking into kids yoga DVDs, I think it will fill a nice gap we have in our day between lunch and nap, and teach the kids about exercise.
http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Motion-Li.../dp/B005KP7SD2

Me and DD do this together. She just turned 3 and LOVES it. I definitely recommend this yoga dvd for kids.
MCC 06:22 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Motion-Li.../dp/B005KP7SD2

Me and DD do this together. She just turned 3 and LOVES it. I definitely recommend this yoga dvd for kids.
Thanks!
butterfly 10:44 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Scout:
Oh yay! Are you liking it? Day 17 today and the burpees are killing me!! My legs are tired now by the third set but, it is working!!! Going to complete it!
Absolutely LOVE it!!! The first couple days, I could hardly walk. But each day it seems to get easier, even though I'm doing more reps/more work. I love where my body aches. I haven't ached in those spots in a long time. It makes me feel as though it will actually work and I'll begin seeing results soon. (only on day 5 here)

Are you going to repeat the program after you finish the month? What's next for you?
Tags:naptime routine
Reply Up