Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Give Me Strength
sharlan 06:31 AM 08-01-2011
My high spirited 3 yo comes back today after being home with Mommie for 4 weeks.

My 4 yo has been with Mommie for 4 days.

Plus, I forgot today is Monday so dh will be home all day too.

Usually we would go on an outing but funds are a bit tight today.
cheerfuldom 06:31 AM 08-01-2011
oh goodness, I wish you well!
Country Kids 06:55 AM 08-01-2011
Could you go to the park? Are take in a nice walk along a bike path are something like that? That would be great for the kids and a free actitivity which is always a great thing!
SandeeAR 06:57 AM 08-01-2011
Feeling your pain. I will have that next week. My 3 mo old will have been on vacation in Florida and gone for 10 days! And here I was just wishing it wasn't Monday and still the weekend!!
sharlan 07:05 AM 08-01-2011
I don't think we will be able to do the park - 97* with high humidity. The humidity is already very high, YUCK!

Both kids (3 & 5) have colds and are grouchy. They've gotten used to sleeping in until 7 - 7:30 and were here shortly after 6:30.

I've already stopped 2 fights over blankets. They both want to curl up on the sofa with blankets. The 3 yo wants to go upstairs and wake up his cousin. That's not happening.

I'm going to see if breakfast will improve their attitudes.
sharlan 09:22 AM 08-01-2011
OMG!!!!!!!!! Is it Friday yet?

I swear if I wipe one more snotty nose, see one more child flop on the floor screaming, or see one more toy fly, I am going to duct tape a child to the wall.

A velcro wall is looking really good about now.
Sugar Magnolia 09:38 AM 08-01-2011
~~~~sending you strength sharlan~~~>
Sending happy vibes~~~ I have some extra strength today, only have 7 students! Back up to 15 next week though (loving my parents who took a vacation this month. And paid. Without complaining )
sharlan 01:30 PM 08-01-2011
7 hrs in and the day has not improved, still have 4 1/2 to go.

4 yo has a split above his eyebrow were 3 you threw an airplane. For once it wasn't in anger, but the cut is there none the less.

15 yo clapped her hands gently over 5 yo's ears. 5 yo starts screaming (MAJOR drama queen). I check her earrings, her ear is infected. Washed it out with peroxide and put Neosporine on it.

3 yo normally falls right to sleep after lunch. It's been an hour and he's still awake, telling me he's done sleeping. Since he hasn't fallen asleep yet, he's not done.

Did I mention that Mommie #1 has to work 10 hrs today and Dad is working a double shift?????????
Auntie 06:39 PM 08-01-2011
Calgon take me awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
sharlan 06:42 PM 08-01-2011
I am headed there, shortly.

Mom #1 came home early due to illness. Dad #2's night job got canceled so he showed up at 4:30.
Auntie 06:45 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
i am headed there, shortly.

Mom #1 came home early due to illness. Dad #2's night job got canceled so he showed up at 4:30.
thank god huh
Tags:3 year old, bad economy
Reply Up