Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Gonna Need A Nap...
Brooksie 10:56 AM 01-19-2014
Does any one use their DH/DBF as a substitute so you can take a nap? DBF is a state approved sub and is off on Mondays. Normally I don't need a nap (even though I want one lol) but I've been working through the weekend at my second job and was called in to work again tonight (yay for a 12 day work week). I didn't get home until 12:40 this morning and its supposed to busier tonight. I'm just thinking, would any one else use a sub so you can catch up on sleep? I only have 1 dcb during the day tomorrow and one dcg who comes in the afternoon but that's it. Do you think it would be acceptable to nap tomorrow?
melilley 11:02 AM 01-19-2014
If he's approved by the state, I don't see why you couldn't take a nap! I sooo wish I could do that, but my dh won't do the things to be approved. I wouldn't do it all the time, just when I really needed a nap.
And it's not like you do it all the time. What would be the difference if you had an appointment or something and have to leave?

I would just make a nap "appointment"....lol
Maria2013 11:10 AM 01-19-2014
sure would be nice to squeeze in a nap...dieing of envy here
Patches 11:15 AM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:426350:
If he's approved by the state, I don't see why you couldn't take a nap! I sooo wish I could do that, but my dh won't do the things to be approved. I wouldn't do it all the time, just when I really needed a nap.
And it's not like you do it all the time. What would be the difference if you had an appointment or something and have to leave?

I would just make a nap "appointment"....lol
I agree. I didn't see anything wtong with it and with so few kids it seems like a perfect time.
Had to laugh at the "nap appointment"
Lucy 12:34 PM 01-19-2014
ONLY if he is on your license as an approved sub and has done the education, background check, and all the other required stuff.

ONLY if the parents are told you'll have a sub. (Telling them at the time of interview that you could potentially use a sub at any time qualifies as "being told".)

The reason for using a sub is none of their business - as long as the 2 criteria above are met.
Reply Up