Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2020, 12:54 PM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 206
Default Advice Needed Please

Back in March when the chaos began with the virus I went down to providing part time care. Families were fine with this understandably. Except the one family that doesn't like being parents. They have 1 child that I look after, 2 yr old girl. When I told them I would only watch dcg 2 days per week they were not happy. EVEN THOUGH, dad was basically not working and mom was working from home. I honestly did not care that they were put off by this because PANDEMIC. Mom especially has been standoffish ever since. Fast forward to now where my state is pretty stable with the number of infections ect. The other day I text dcm mom and tell her I will now add dcg on another day if she'd like. I got no response. I know she got my text. I really don't feel like asking again when I know she is just acting stupid about the question because she is mad I cut back care 3 months ago. Do I just assume she does not want the extra day? This is so immature. Why can't she just answer me? And dad drops off and picks up so I never see mom.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2020, 01:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I would wait in person with dad or respond and send a morning text (to provide ample time) "checking in. I have someone in need of care and I need to know if I have a space. Let me know tomorrow morning"
Yes, she may have received the text but who knows the reason she did not respond you can only assume. She forgot, she was busy, she did not have an answer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2020, 02:00 PM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 206
Default

Found out from dad that they are looking into daycare center for dcg. He said they aren't sure though because at first there were just a few kids in the daycare, now there are more.... I swear I don't know why I bother🤪. Like, did they think no other kids were going to enroll? I said if they choose a daycare center, she can't come to my home care anymore. The germs she will bring in my home from day care center will ruin lives.

Now what to say to them? I want to tell them I need to know in 2 weeks weather she will be leaving as I will need to bring in a new daycare child. What would you say?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2020, 05:56 PM
Snowmom's Avatar
Snowmom Snowmom is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
Found out from dad that they are looking into daycare center for dcg. He said they aren't sure though because at first there were just a few kids in the daycare, now there are more.... I swear I don't know why I bother🤪. Like, did they think no other kids were going to enroll? I said if they choose a daycare center, she can't come to my home care anymore. The germs she will bring in my home from day care center will ruin lives.

Now what to say to them? I want to tell them I need to know in 2 weeks weather she will be leaving as I will need to bring in a new daycare child. What would you say?
Honestly, I'd just give them notice now.
I refuse to be on edge with families. Communication is essential and it sounds like they don't feel the same.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2020, 04:22 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,553
Default

They need full-time care, you don't offer it, they need to go find other care. Pretty cut and dry to me.

I'd wish them good luck on their search and refer them to the States daycare listing site.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-26-2020, 05:18 AM
Valerie928's Avatar
Valerie928 Valerie928 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
They need full-time care, you don't offer it, they need to go find other care. Pretty cut and dry to me.

I'd wish them good luck on their search and refer them to the States daycare listing site.
I told dad this morning that he and mom have 2 weeks to let me know what they decide because I would need to fill the spot. I got a text from him a half hour later saying they are taking my 3 day a week offer. They probably never really looked into a daycare center. They do not need full time care, they want full time care because they want time for themselves. Ugh......I am tired this morning. Happy Friday 😁
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-26-2020, 06:10 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
Back in March when the chaos began with the virus I went down to providing part time care. Families were fine with this understandably. Except the one family that doesn't like being parents. They have 1 child that I look after, 2 yr old girl. When I told them I would only watch dcg 2 days per week they were not happy. EVEN THOUGH, dad was basically not working and mom was working from home. I honestly did not care that they were put off by this because PANDEMIC. Mom especially has been standoffish ever since. Fast forward to now where my state is pretty stable with the number of infections ect. The other day I text dcm mom and tell her I will now add dcg on another day if she'd like. I got no response. I know she got my text. I really don't feel like asking again when I know she is just acting stupid about the question because she is mad I cut back care 3 months ago. Do I just assume she does not want the extra day? This is so immature. Why can't she just answer me? And dad drops off and picks up so I never see mom.
I know the issue is solved now but in the future when you send a text to a parent with an offer or something you are asking about TELL them when they must reply.

For example when you sent the offer of adding a day to her 2 day a week schedule you could end the text with "Please let me know by Friday or the offer will no longer be available. Thank you! "

That way they know they HAVE to tell you and you know if they don't that you need to move on to your next option.

Waiting for a daycare parent to respond sometimes is like teaching calculus to your dog.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2020, 11:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I agree-always be sure to include a timeframe for families to respond. It is not respectful to your time if they feel they don't need to tell you u til it is convenient for them.

I ran centers and had to do that-if they communicated with me I could change deadlines but I always did that so I could move on and tell them that if they came back later and have something to back me up.
I am sure as an in-home provider I will need to do that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bad fit, part time care

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Much Needed Advice mommaprovider Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 04-22-2016 10:47 PM
My Home Isn't My Home! - Advice Needed Jujube835 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 20 06-19-2015 04:41 PM
Advice needed ASAP--Autism?? Patches Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 03-01-2013 01:01 PM
Advice Needed.....Before My Head Explodes Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 09-22-2010 10:59 AM
Advice Needed mrs.meg Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 02-02-2009 06:44 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming