Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Home Providers in Chicago
Fruitloops1 06:28 AM 06-02-2012
Hello! Did you have to register with the city before you open your Home Daycare? Also how many of you filed for a DBA?
Thanks
AllDeezBabies 12:12 PM 06-02-2012
Hey!!! I had to register with DCFS in order to receive my licensing. The license is good throughout the state of Illinois. You can have a license-exempt home daycare. With that you can only care for up to 3 children under the age of 12; this includes any children in your permanent care under 12 also.

I haven't registered for a DBA and I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon. It has been so slow getting any children, I've started looking for work outside the home. I think me not getting clients has to do with my area, though. Other people I know in different area are faring off pretty well. I said I wanted to go for the DBA legally.

If you want to go the licensed route, here is some information for you:

Day Care Information
877-746-0829
312-328-2779

http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/docs/CFS...ry_for_DCH.pdf

Hope this helps and Good Luck!!!!
Michael 12:36 PM 06-02-2012
Thanks for posting JayChanel!
Fruitloops1 01:30 PM 06-02-2012
thanks JayChanel! I am currently going through licensing with DCFS. I tried doing some research in regards to the city requiring anything else. Like zoning or some form of approval from the neighbors. I tried researching it and didn't come up with anything. Did you ever get the chance to contact that rep from the The Carol Robertson Center?
sahm1225 03:08 PM 06-02-2012
Hi
Im in chicago and have been licensed for over a year and all I needed was the DCFS license. Are you in cook county? I know other counties might have requirements.

And no I do not have a DBA. I have the paperwork to file it with the city, but just havent gotten around to it.
Fruitloops1 01:57 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Hi
Im in chicago and have been licensed for over a year and all I needed was the DCFS license. Are you in cook county? I know other counties might have requirements.

And no I do not have a DBA. I have the paperwork to file it with the city, but just havent gotten around to it.
where did you get the paper work for the DBA from?
sahm1225 12:19 PM 07-24-2012
its on the city website. let me see if i can pm you the link
Tags:chicago, dba
Reply Up