Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Form for Agreement to Hold Spot 8 Weeks?
KarenSue 08:16 PM 05-02-2019
Hi. One of my dcb is going to Japan for 8 weeks. Does anyone have a form/letter for holding a spot that I can use for this. I don’t know how to word it. She’s paying in full for 8 weeks to hold his spot. I just want to make sure she knows there’s no refund if she changes her mind at any time. Thank you
Michael 01:02 AM 05-03-2019
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...ng+spot+letter

Here is one from a member:

I_______________________, hereby agree that this deposit of $100.00 is to hold a spot for my child at the ***X Daycare, owned and operated by XC***. Should a situation occur and I will no longer need care for my child, I must notify The ***XX Daycare before or on: Thursday, September 9, 2010 by 5:00 PM to receive my deposit back. After said date has passed, I understand that the deposit is completely non-refundable under any circumstances.
I also understand that ***XX Daycare will be turning away business between the below dates to secure my child’s spot.

******Daycare agrees to hold an opening for my child from, Month Day, 2019 until the end of the business day on, Month Day, 2019, which will be the start date for my child. Fees will start to occur for the cost of care from this date forward. After two weeks of care have passed, the deposit of $100.00 will be applied as a credit towards my child’s tuition should I decide to enroll my child into ***XX Daycare. Should I decide not to enroll my child after said two weeks have passed, I will receive a full refund of $100.00.

**Please note, if you are paying deposit by check, your check will be cashed on the date that this agreement is signed. If funds are not available at the time of cashing, this agreement will be voided.
Cat Herder 05:03 AM 05-03-2019
I'd just give her a receipt. Her child can attend at any time during those 8 weeks. Is she requesting something more?
KarenSue 05:27 AM 05-03-2019
He’s already full time with me. He’s leaving to go to japan fir 8 weeks. His mom is Japanese so we have a little bit of a communication barrier. I just wanted it spelled out on a form so there wouldn’t be any misunderstandings.
Cat Herder 05:40 AM 05-03-2019
A specific receipt with the dates should suffice and be much easier to understand. The fewer words, the fewer the misunderstandings.

"Childcare: 05/06/2019 - 06/28/2019, No refunds. Paid in Full."

Clears up the refund policy and that she can't use it for any other week than the ones listed.
KarenSue 08:25 AM 05-03-2019
That works. I was trying to make it more difficult apparently. Thank you.
springv 11:39 AM 05-04-2019
If any of our children are gone for an extended period of time they pay in full regardless and if they are state pay then they have to back swipe for days they missed up to 5 days. Had a daycare parent back swipe for 5 days because her kids weren't there but in actuality they had missed approximately 14 days in all so we had to file a manual claim on them to get paid
Tags:contract - clear, holding spot letter, holding spot policy, receipts
Reply Up