Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Omg! What Am I Going To Do With All These Costumed Super Hyper Dcks This Afternoon???
Soccermom 08:56 AM 10-31-2012
I should have closed today....had a terrible time trying to get my kids ready for school in full costume and makeup with a house full of DCKs this morning. The DCKS were SOOO HYPER because it is Halloween. DD forget several pieces of her costume in all the drama...poor thing
Now I am wondering - WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THE DCKS ALL AFTERNOON!? They are all in full costumes and full makeup! We had our daycare party last week because a lot of DCKS get picked up early on Halloween and I find them so hyper already, I couldn't imagine a party on top of it all
Any ideas of games or activities that I can do with these little ones to keep them settled? What do you all do with your SA DCKS on Halloween? I can't just send them to play, they have huge princesses dresses and fancy costumes on.
I am afraid....very afraid of what is about to be unleashed here when the bus arrives! LOL
Why didn't I think about this before??
Oneluckymom 09:16 AM 10-31-2012
GOOD LUCK !! We had our halloween party yesterday, took pics, etc. Then I changed them into their regular clothes, because I knew they would get dirty etc.

As far as games what about musical chairs (esp for older SA), pin the nose on the pumpkin, coloring halloween themed pics.

We made ghost balloons. You take a white balloon (blow it up)tied end face up, then tape the eyes and a mouth. Then tape some long white streamer to the bottom of it. We also taped or glued large marshmallows to the eyes. Super cute! I had to hold on to these till the end of the day...for obvious reasons.

Hope that helps.
Sugar Magnolia 10:07 AM 10-31-2012
I know this is not helpful advice for your situation today....but on the future I recommend "JUST SAY NO TO COSTUMES!"
I did costumes my first year and it was such a nightmare!
"I want to be batman"
"your costume is dumb"
"I'm a princess"
"NO! I AM A PRINCESS!"
"I don't have my costume.....whaaaaaa"
Parent "now make sure that costume stays nice"
"I don't.want to be batman, I want to be spiderman like him. whaaaaaa"

I did a pajama party the next year.
Then I gave Halloween parties the ax.
Ba Humbug!
daycare 10:14 AM 10-31-2012
So in the past I have had halloween parties on the day of.....I have learned the hard way that this does not actually work out too well for us.

It really does take away from the fun of the NIGHT event for the kids. A lot of the parents would tell me that they were so exhausted from the daycare events that their kids were just a hot mess come tick or treat time. I had to agree, becuase my child also had a hard time later that night after the daycare party.

This year we had it last week on Friday and today we are going to chill out, watch a halloween movie, eat a huge early dinner and prep for tonight.

Maybe next year you can do the same......
daycarediva 10:18 AM 10-31-2012
I had my daycare party last week.

After school today we are playing halloween bingo during snack and then having a camp out (I just set up two tents indoors with pillows and blankets and got out lots of flashlights and some halloween books). Hopefully that will help with the crazies.
kitkat 10:19 AM 10-31-2012
I'm sorry, I have no ideas for you, especially b/c they are all in full costume. My kids are wired today and it's not even b/c of Halloween! Our trick or treating is on Sunday, never Halloween. Knowing how wired mine are today w/o costumes and candy...oh, I can imagine how wild your's must be

Hang in there...naptime must be coming soon, right?
Reply Up