Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Notice/Statement To Parents
frugalmama4 07:35 AM 04-25-2013
How does this sound? Putting in my news letter

Spot Light on Courtesy (this is my title)
For those families currently utilizing extended services “hours” please keep in mind we close at 5:30pm. As a courtesy we have extended our hours to accommodate your work and/or school schedules with out penalty. Please do not make convenient stops i.e. (grocery store, gas, bank etc.). We expect if either parent/guardian has the day off and/or gets off early your child/ren will be picked up by 5:30pm. We thank you in advance for respecting our family time.

Thanks
mom2many 07:40 AM 04-25-2013
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:

For those families currently utilizing extended services “hours” please keep in mind we close at 5:30pm. As a courtesy we have extended our hours to accommodate your work and/or school schedules with out penalty. Please do not make convenient stops i.e. (grocery store, gas, bank etc.). We expect if either parent/guardian has the day off and/or gets off early your child/ren will be picked up by 5:30pm. We thank you in advance for respecting our family time.

Thanks
I think it sounds great!
Solandia 07:41 AM 04-25-2013

Thanks
BTDT, very nice note, but isn't going to work for the parents that are already utilizing this time for errands.

If you want to be done at 5:30, be done at that time. They can make arrangements or change childcare. If your goal is to accommodate these families, yet have them pick up asap...attach a fee to what they have been getting for free. You will find that the vast majority of the time, they can & will pick up at 5:30pm... even more than you expect. I personally did overtime care, prearranged upon my agreement only, for $10/half hour. That was what my family time was worth to me.
williams2008 07:42 AM 04-25-2013

Thanks
Sounds good to me too!!
Sugar Magnolia 07:53 AM 04-25-2013
Originally Posted by Solandia:
BTDT, very nice note, but isn't going to work for the parents that are already utilizing this time for errands.

If you want to be done at 5:30, be done at that time. They can make arrangements or change childcare. If your goal is to accommodate these families, yet have them pick up asap...attach a fee to what they have been getting for free. You will find that the vast majority of the time, they can & will pick up at 5:30pm... even more than you expect. I personally did overtime care, prearranged upon my agreement only, for $10/half hour. That was what my family time was worth to me.
Totally agree. Nice, but won't work.
"extended care is no longer available without penalty. A fee of $1 per minute will be assessed after 5:30 pm, is non-negotiable and due immediately. Care will not be provided the following day if there are outstanding late fees."
frugalmama4 09:54 AM 04-25-2013
I should mention most of my families are great at getting here on time 5:30...but their have been 1 or 2 times with two separate families...that I know for sure they were off from work and still picked-up late. So the notice is to simply remind them of the very GREAT services I give "basically fee care"

Yea totally agree...I should be "able" to charge for time pass 5:30. However, the reality in my area "that wouldn't work" most people only care about the $$$ not the quality of care. It's so easy to go down the street and enroll in a new daycare home or center. BTW I do add extra to my normal wkly rate for these families...but the minute you spell it out "that their paying $$$ because of the extra 10,15, or 30min..they will just go to the next home/center daycare who offers dirt cheap rates and 24hour care.

Times are changing...parents want/need later hours in most cases...and in order for my family to eat I sometimes have to take those late families. Yes it sucks!!

Thank for the feed back.
Reply Up