Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant first foods/menu question
frugalmama4 07:15 AM 07-31-2013
Hello my fellow Child Care Provider's...

It's been a long time since I've been on the forum...miss you all!!

Been busy revamping the daycare...finally moved into the garage...yeah me! I'll get picks up soon.

Question: Please share what you do/have

1. Do anyone have a form they use to document infants first foods tried/"reactions ect???

2. Do anyone have a set menu for infants, ex: Monday BK Pears, LUN Carrots etc.

Thanks!!
SilverSabre25 07:40 AM 07-31-2013
Curious about this too as I would like to start providing baby food. seems simpler.
Heidi 07:44 AM 07-31-2013
No set menu here. Not for anyone. I only have 5 enrolled, anywhere from 1-5 on a given day, and 3 of those are infants, so it would be a waste of effort.

I keep a communication notebook for the first 6-8 months with each new child. Then parents and I can keep a list of what's been tried. Once they've tried everything and every day is the same thing over and over, the notebook goes bye-bye. I used to do it for a whole year, but found the last couple months were not helping anyone.

I just use a spiral bound notebook (I always buy a pile of them at WM at back-to-school time).
Crazy8 08:02 AM 07-31-2013
I use a daily sheet that tells them what they ate and how much, when they slept, diapers, etc. I have them do the 3 day for each food at home before they start eating them here. Then they bring baby food to leave here and I just grab a different one each day, no set menu.
Reply Up