Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Nerve Of Some DCPs
pixsydust 11:24 AM 10-11-2011
I had a DCM that was trying to get state help, but agreed to my policy of paying in full every Monday until DHS kicks in then she would be refunded what DHS pays me. Long story short: DCM paid me $40 the first two weeks, then on the third week she only brought him Monday because she was sick the rest of the week. She posted on Facebook that she lost her job and if anyone needed a babysitter to call her. She posted all of these things on FB before she even talked to me about what was going on. When she finally called me 4 hours after posting those things on FB she said it was decided that she wouldn't go back to work then she proceeded to tell me that she was denied DHS (how long had she know that?) and was going to be a SAHM so her kid wouldn't be coming back. I said that's fine but the policy is that she has to give me a 2 week notice or pay two weeks fees in lieu of. She said ok. Mind you she owes me $335 before I added the $250 termination fee onto it. She texted me today and says since she has to pay the next 2 weeks anyway will i be able to watch DCB tomorrow and Thursday. DCP have there nerve I tell you. I tried to call her to discuss the matter with her and explain more of the contract that she signed. Of course she didn't answer the phone so i had to text her back and tell her if she pays me the $585 she owes me when she brings the kid then I will watch him those two days. I am beyond irritated right now. She expects me to continue caring for her kid just because she has to pay the money anyway. It would be different if she wasn't past due on the bill. Then I would have said no problem. But I'm not going to continue caring for a child that I have not been paid for. That's just silly. She wouldn't continue going to work if her job didn't pay her! Sorry for the rant. I just had to vent. Has anyone else ever had to deal with ignorant parents before?
nannyde 11:51 AM 10-11-2011
You just got got with a bunch of words and 40 bucks.

Don't provide care without FULL payment or a Notice of Decision stating you are going to be paid in full.

There's little to no chance you will ever see a dime of this.
cheerfuldom 12:00 PM 10-11-2011
You should have required full payment for services BEFORE you provided care and then YOU reimburse HER when DHS kicks in. Now you know. I agree with nanny. I hope you get your money back but its not looking good.....
pixsydust 03:42 PM 10-11-2011
I know. It's my own fault. It's in my contract that I will take delinquent accounts to small claims court or turn them into a collection agency. I know I probably won't get my money from them, but I'm not just going to forget about it and let it go like they would like me to. I will be a pain in their butts so they regret being deadbeats.

More importantly, I learned a lesson. I will not take pity on people for their sob stories about not being able to pay until DHS kicks in. Everybody has a sob story if you listen long enough. But I refuse to compromise myself again for the sake of filling a spot. I'd rather be empty than care for kids I'm not being paid for.

I'm seriously thinking about changing my policy of accepting DHS. It seems like I just keep running into deadbeats and it is not worth it to me. It's too bad that a couple bad apples ruin it for the good parents that receive DHS, but I don't know if I want to deal with it anymore. I think it would be so much simpler if I just had cash clients.
Tags:money owed, payment policy
Reply Up