Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Else Give Families A Free Vacation Week?
Crazy8 09:32 AM 11-14-2011
I give my families a free week - they can either use it to not pay for a week I am closed for vacation or they can use it when they are going away for a week.
I have NO issues with having the policy - in my 10 years running my daycare I have "tweaked it" a bit here and there due to wording issues, a family thinking they'd get more time than they do, etc. but I do not mind giving them the time off.

That said, does anyone else do this? If you do, what are your stipulations, etc?? Are there any?? I have mine as during calendar year, # of contracted days only, can be split and used as individual days and must be here 3 months first, etc.

Well this year I had a handful of new kids start in September, so technically by beginning of Dec. they are here the 3 months - so they could all use their vac week before the end of the year and then come Jan. get a new week to use next year. In all these years its never been an issue but I'm thinking maybe I should make my policy more than 3 months - going to either 4 months (weird number???) or even make it 6 months??? Just wondering what other's do if they offer a vacation week to families.
Tags:unpaid days, unpaid vacation, vacation pay, vacation policy
Up