Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do You...
littlemissmuffet 10:32 AM 06-22-2012
store items that need to be sent home like paperwork and crafts the kids have done until it actually goes home?

Currently, I have a bulletin board hanging above the children's coat hooks where I hang any paperwork or crafts for the child/parents to bring home. I just hang them from a clip directly above the child's hook so everyone knows what's going home with who. It's worked fine this long, but I want something new!

I do have/use cubbies, where I store the children's dipes/wipes, spare clothing, lotions, etc. This is purposely NOT accesible to the parents, so using the cubbies is not an option.

What do you do?
Country Kids 11:01 AM 06-22-2012
I have a paper holder-it has twelve different slots. There is a little spot where you put a sticky tab and I put their names on it so that you can see which child has which slots.

When we are done with whatever, it goes up in the "Mailbox". It has cleaned up my area so much. Before this I had a HUGE bulletin board that I used. I would take manilla folders, staple them, put the childs name across the front and then slip all their work into that. Each folder was pushpinned onto the board.
littlemissmuffet 11:12 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I have a paper holder-it has twelve different slots. There is a little spot where you put a sticky tab and I put their names on it so that you can see which child has which slots.

When we are done with whatever, it goes up in the "Mailbox". It has cleaned up my area so much. Before this I had a HUGE bulletin board that I used. I would take manilla folders, staple them, put the childs name across the front and then slip all their work into that. Each folder was pushpinned onto the board.
Is your "mailbox" attatched to the wall? I definitely need something that can be attatched to a wall. Also, what size are the slots? Sometimes our crafts can be quite bulky...
I also like your idea with the manilla folders on the bulletin (not sure why I didn't think of folders instead of just clips!), but like I said, I want to get away from the whole bulletin board idea! I can see how the mailbox idea cleaned everything up!
Blackcat31 11:33 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Is your "mailbox" attatched to the wall? I definitely need something that can be attatched to a wall. Also, what size are the slots? Sometimes our crafts can be quite bulky...
I also like your idea with the manilla folders on the bulletin (not sure why I didn't think of folders instead of just clips!), but like I said, I want to get away from the whole bulletin board idea! I can see how the mailbox idea cleaned everything up!
They make hanging file store systems too that you could attach to the wall.

My kids all have cubbie/lockers and then on top each child has a basket that I place craft items and such into.

Here are a few other idea that could/might work for you too...
Country Kids 12:15 PM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
They make hanging file store systems too that you could attach to the wall.

My kids all have cubbie/lockers and then on top each child has a basket that I place craft items and such into.

Here are a few other idea that could/might work for you too...
Mine is like the blue one. I think there is a way you can attach to the wall but mine just sits on top of the cubby systems.
DCMom 12:45 PM 06-22-2012
This is what I use. It hangs on the wall, expands a bit for bulkier crafts and is just so darn handy. They make a double one also, but I just put siblings in one slot.
Attached: daycare.jpg (26.7 KB) 
littlemissmuffet 02:31 PM 06-22-2012
Awesome, ladies!! Thank you so much for the great ideas! I really like the hanging "show" organizer and the red hanging wall file system. I'm thinking I could actually recreate that red myself one with some canvas and my trusty sewing machine.

Thanks again ladies!
Tags:bins, organize, storage
Reply Up