Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Almost A Blackcat!!
Happy Hearts 04:08 PM 09-12-2012
So I had an interview last night and we were going over my Policy Handbook. The second paragraph says: Before you sign the contract you should read, understand and agree with those policies. If something in the contract or policies doesn't work for you, that's okay. That simply means that my daycare and your needs are not a good fit and I would be happy to refer you to someone who can hopefully meet your needs better.
I added this phrase (inspired from a policy I saw online; Daycare Lady, I think) to discourage negotiating of any kind. I know she read it because she questioned most of the 'rules'. Then, initialed the points when she saw I wasn't budging. Mind you, I was super sweet, not at all hard, but she knew I meant business.
So, here's to Blackcat, for inspiring me to have my backbone and use it. Felt sooooooo good. Now, I just have to remember that this is MY business and she will not walk all over me, because I feel she will.
lovemykidstoo 04:21 PM 09-12-2012
woohoo!! It's so hard to have a backbone sometimes. We aim to please and sometimes don't please ourselves in the process!

What rules was she not happy with? Just curious.
juliebug 04:34 PM 09-12-2012
That is great~ we have to stand up for our self! no one else will!
rbmom 05:46 PM 09-12-2012
Awesome!! It does feel good to stand up for ourselves!
DCMama 10:21 PM 09-12-2012
Congrats! i bet it feels good
DaisyMamma 04:37 AM 09-13-2012

Blackcat31 06:28 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by Sparrow:
So I had an interview last night and we were going over my Policy Handbook. The second paragraph says: Before you sign the contract you should read, understand and agree with those policies. If something in the contract or policies doesn't work for you, that's okay. That simply means that my daycare and your needs are not a good fit and I would be happy to refer you to someone who can hopefully meet your needs better.
I added this phrase (inspired from a policy I saw online; Daycare Lady, I think) to discourage negotiating of any kind. I know she read it because she questioned most of the 'rules'. Then, initialed the points when she saw I wasn't budging. Mind you, I was super sweet, not at all hard, but she knew I meant business.
So, here's to Blackcat, for inspiring me to have my backbone and use it. Felt sooooooo good. Now, I just have to remember that this is MY business and she will not walk all over me, because I feel she will.
Thanks Sparrow! But I only advised you to stand up and be firm.....YOU did the work so YAH TO YOU!!!

That is one piece of advice I would tell anyone in any situation.

Act confident, stand your ground and believe in who you are and what you want and others will see that as a strongness and will respect you for it.

People may not always understand it or agree with it but they will respect you for that confidence!

Being strong and firm can be done with niceness and sincerity....it doesn't have to be done in a rude or bitchy manner so definitely very proud of you and super happy for you!
Tags:backbone
Reply Up