Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pink?! UPDATE
Blackcat31 08:20 AM 09-19-2012
I have an infant in care who is in the process of finding the right/suitable formula. DCP's are going back and forth between milk based, soy based and a little bit of breastmilk...when available. (that is a whole other story).

So a couple of days ago, I was running late getting out of here and instead of washing the bottles at the end of the day, I simply took the bottle, rinsed it out and left it in the sink filled with water. (the bottles are Dr. Brown glass bottles if that makes a difference).

When I returned the next day, I noticed the water in the bottle had a bright, neon pink film across the top. I thought "hmm, weird ?" but never gaveit a second thought. Figured I am on city water at daycare so who knows what kind of flouride or junk they put in it so who knows.

Anyways, it has happened again a few times since and now I am seeing the same pink spots on the blankets/rags I use with the baby because the baby is a major spitter and spits up a lot.

Mom was supplying the rags/blankets but lately the baby has been a bit more spitty (due to the food intake changes) and I have been going through more rags/blankets than normal.

Yesterday the baby spit up in the PNP and when I threw the sheet in my laundry basket I didn't give it a second thought. Now this morning the spot on the sheet as well as the spot in the mattress of the PNP is stained bright neon pink. WTH?

Now that I am really looking for it now, I see that there is slight pinkish stains on the plastic inserts to the bottles too and some spots on other places the baby has spit up.

Anyone know what the heck that is? Why hot pink?

I took a photo of the PNP mattress so maybe you can see it in the photo below...
Tags:bacteria, hot pink, infant, pepto-bismol, serratia marcescens
Up