Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toddler Sleeps All Day!!
delferka 06:58 AM 12-29-2015
I currently have a 14 month old boy that has been here for 5 months. He cries whenever any of the other parents walk in the door at drop off. He's recently been napping from 8:15 in the morning until 5 pm!!! If I wake him up for lunch, he's inconsolable so I put him back to bed. I've never seen anyone sleep that long. I mentioned it to his father and he says he sleeps all night as well and doesn't seem concerned! I know if my child slept all day, missing out on all activities, I'd be concerned! Strange social skills and sleeps all day. Any ideas?
NillaWafers 08:46 AM 12-29-2015
I would tell them that's not normal and ask that he see a dr. before returning. That seems like a dangerous situation.
hope 08:51 AM 12-29-2015
I agree with PP. That is not normal. I would ask for the child to be seen by a doctor and have something written up. Do not accept child with a simple doctors note saying the child can return. Maybe you can write something to the doctors about how the child is sleeping so you know the information is getting relayed.
delferka 01:04 PM 12-29-2015
I'll do just that. Today he was crying so I put him in bed at 9 am. He woke up at 12:30 probably just because he pooped! We did lunch in which he really hardly ate, started to cry and rub his eyes so I put him back to bed at 1:30. It's now 4:00 and he's been sleeping since!
Unregistered 02:36 PM 12-29-2015
Somethings wrong. Either medically or dcd is lying.
Tags:sleeps too much
Reply Up