Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really???!!!
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:02 AM 07-14-2011
So today is my last day, and then I'm on holidays for 10 days. We were supposed to go camping but the Hubby's truck is broken, and sitting on jacks on the driveway.

One of my DCM's saw this last night and asked me if we were still going on holidays.

I said we might not be going camping now that the truck is broken. She started suggesting that maybe I could take the kids during the week because she is having a hard time trying to find someone to watch the kids.

Are you kidding me???

She has had 2 months notice, and even if I have to stay at home for 10 days and do sweet FA, I am not taking your kids or anyone else's for that matter.

The nerve of some people.
PitterPatter 08:19 AM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
So today is my last day, and then I'm on holidays for 10 days. We were supposed to go camping but the Hubby's truck is broken, and sitting on jacks on the driveway.

One of my DCM's saw this last night and asked me if we were still going on holidays.

I said we might not be going camping now that the truck is broken. She started suggesting that maybe I could take the kids during the week because she is having a hard time trying to find someone to watch the kids.

Are you kidding me???

She has had 2 months notice, and even if I have to stay at home for 10 days and do sweet FA, I am not taking your kids or anyone else's for that matter.

Yep been there done that! Not with a truck tho.
Since I started doing daycare I have never met so many people with so much nerve!! I'm sure it's out there in other professions as well but honestly DCPs take the cake!
Stick to your guns lady!
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:28 AM 07-14-2011
Oh trust me no amount of extra cash could ever tempt me to take anyone's child on my holidays.

And if they show up on my doorstep they will have my hubby to answer to aswell.
cheerfuldom 08:41 AM 07-14-2011
oh no no no.....never going to happen here. I dont tell my parents what we are doing or where we will be, its none of their business. I just say I am closed, end of discussion.
littlemissmuffet 08:48 AM 07-14-2011

Are you kidding me???

Disgusting.
Do these parents have vacation time??!
I find the parents who complain the most about us having vacation time are the parents who also receive the same amount or MORE vacation time than us but don't use it to watch their children... rather, they pay someone else to watch their kids while we're on vacation, and pay us to watch their kids while THEY themselves are on vacation... I know way too many kids who never get a break from daycare. So sad.

Anyways, enjoy your holiday - it's deserved, I'm sure
and @ "sweet FA"!
mrsp'slilpeeps 09:24 AM 07-14-2011
She booked 5 days off. 2 of them are the weekend!

The rest is not my problem!

Anyway in a few long hours I will be done. My hubby too!

He asked me, what should we do tonight?

Get plastered!!! JK, but who knows.

Thanks, I will enjoy my time off.
laundrymom 09:52 AM 07-14-2011
Ugh, any hope of fixing the truck? I'm fairly knowledgable if you need any fresh ideas on what's wrong. Is there any way you could borrow a truck? I wish I were close I would help you out.
mrsp'slilpeeps 10:11 AM 07-14-2011
Thanks, but the hubby used to be a mechanic.
He knows what is wrong with it, he just needs some time to fix it.
He works very long hours 4am-5pm.

Just finding the time and motivation is the problem.

All will be good.
MarinaVanessa 10:18 AM 07-14-2011
Well good luck and have fun on your vacay, whatever you do. I will be off next week too and camping on the beach. .

Curious what exactly you told her when she asked . BTW your dog is beautiful, what breed is it. It's hard for me to tell.
laundrymom 10:23 AM 07-14-2011
Thanks, but the hubby used to be a mechanic.
He knows what is wrong with it, he just needs some time to fix it.
He works very long hours 4am-5pm.

Just finding the time and motivation is the problem.

All will be good.
Awesome! Missing camping is a crime!!! I've spent a lot of time under our trucks to keep up the camping schedule too.
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:39 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Well good luck and have fun on your vacay, whatever you do. I will be off next week too and camping on the beach. .

Curious what exactly you told her when she asked . BTW your dog is beautiful, what breed is it. It's hard for me to tell.
I told her nope! Me and my hubby used our holidays last year to move to our new house and we havent had a break in over a year, so im not cancelling my holidays, sorry.

My dog is an American Pittbull Terrior. I know some of you will be like , but it's all about how she was raised. She is the sweetest, kindest dog I have ever had. Loves kids.

My hubby bought her at a pub for 20 bucks and a beer when she was 6 weeks old.

I potty trained her (puppy trained) while i was pregnant with my daughter. I peed at 2am, she peed at 2am!
She has always been around babies.

She is very beautiful! Thank you.

I'll change the pic so you can see her better!
Meeko 12:49 PM 07-14-2011
I told her nope! Me and my hubby used our holidays last year to move to our new house and we havent had a break in over a year, so im not cancelling my holidays, sorry.

My dog is an American Pittbull Terrior. I know some of you will be like , but it's all about how she was raised. She is the sweetest, kindest dog I have ever had. Loves kids.

My hubby bought her at a pub for 20 bucks and a beer when she was 6 weeks old.

I potty trained her (puppy trained) while i was pregnant with my daughter. I peed at 2am, she peed at 2am!
She has always been around babies.

She is very beautiful! Thank you.

I'll change the pic so you can see her better!
She looks gentler because you don't have the "ears just been chewed off" look that most pits have.
MarinaVanessa 01:35 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
She looks gentler because you don't have the "ears just been chewed off" look that most pits have.

I'm one of those that believes that a dog's behavior has a lot (not everything) to do with how a dog is handled and trained.

I thought maybe she was a German Shepherd at first because of the ears which is why it confused me. I have a German Shepherd that looks very much like her, all black too, which is why I thought she was one but it makes sense now. She could also pass as a lab if her ears weren't all perked up. Either way, she is a beauty (I have a thing for black animals )
Tags:parents - ask too much, vacation
Reply Up