Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Being Accused Of Child Abuse At My Work
Unregistered 07:59 PM 01-05-2018
I started at a day care two weeks ago. And I am also called the 'nice' teacher of our side.
We bump down our classes when it gets close to closing so I'll have from ages 3-5 all in one room. I had another teacher in the room with me when this happened. But, there's a child that hits other kids all throughout the day. He doesn't listen and runs away when you try to talk to him about it. So the other night we bumped down our classes and I talked to him several times within two hours about not hitting classmates. He hit another classmate. I picked him up, open handed and moved him to a less busy area to talk to him because we were in the middle of a play center that all the kids were in. He slapped me when I tried explaining why we don't hit other children. I elevated my voice and asked why he hit me and explained why we do not hit. Well the mother of one of my actual students(not the boys mother) complained and stated that I was shaking him and screaming at him. The other staff that was working with me can vouch that this did not happen but the mother just doesn't want me working there anymore. And is telling all the staff about it, has talked to my director and I'm sure called corporate today. My director has been out so I haven't been able to talk to her about it and the center is closed all weekend. I have an anxiety problem and at this point I don't know if I am looking for advice, or just trying to vent. I don't know the process that will happen regarding the accusations and I also don't know if it will trickle into my personal life as I have a one year old who is enrolled there and that I, along with his dad are full time parents to. I know I didn't do anything wrong but I also feel like it's a he said she said situation.
Unregistered 08:08 PM 01-05-2018
Apparently this mother calls corporate almost weekly.
Ariana 08:54 PM 01-05-2018
If you know the truth and there was a witness there is not much you can do besides state your case and hope that your director believes both of you. I think it is up to the director to stand behind her employees, especially with a witness coroborating youf story.
Josiegirl 02:38 AM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
If you know the truth and there was a witness there is not much you can do besides state your case and hope that your director believes both of you. I think it is up to the director to stand behind her employees, especially with a witness coroborating youf story.
I agree. I hope your employer does back you up! I hate that 1 person can create such havoc in another person's life. Maybe since this mother is known to call corporate so often. they'll listen to her and then let it go. And why can't centers let a child go that is that physical; unless he was just having an off day? It's difficult on everyone when a child is so challenging.
Silly Songs 05:56 PM 01-06-2018
Your center doesn’t have cameras ?
Unregistered 07:34 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Your center doesn’t have cameras ?
It's crazy, but they don't. I wish they did. The only thing I have is the fact that one of my coworkers was in the room with me.
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Apparently this mother calls corporate almost weekly.
Those trained in filtering calls to DHS/CPS can easily detect a "serial reporter" from a serious incident.

I know it's difficult but I wouldn't worry too much about this if there is proof (co-worker) this incident did not happen.
Poptarts22 08:54 AM 01-08-2018
I would also use the response of your current employer as a measurement regarding my future career with them. If they are supportive of you and back you up, and take into serious account the report of you fellow employee, that would make me way more likely to stay with them. If they seem dismissive of the other employees (and your account), I would take it as an invitation to begin searching for a different employer
Reply Up