Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Welcome Packet
MelissaP 12:08 PM 12-12-2017
I'm trying to throw together a welcome packet with all the information parents need, along with all the paperwork and information in it. Can I ask you all a question?
What do you put into your welcome packets?
Thanks!

storybookending 12:15 PM 12-12-2017
Originally Posted by MelissaP:
I'm trying to throw together a welcome packet with all the information parents need, along with all the paperwork and information in it. Can I ask you all a question?
What do you put into your welcome packets?
Thanks!
Copy of contract. Checklist of things to bring in the first day. Example of the infant daily report I fill out if an infant space. I have pictures of all my meals taken and written next to them what they are so they get a copy of that to see what kinds of lunches I serve. Craft examples.

Handbook if you have one.. rough daily schedule.
DaveA 01:09 PM 12-12-2017
Contracts (2 copies- 1 to return and 1 for them to keep) and Any state required forms
Blackcat31 02:12 PM 12-12-2017
I include a welcome letter and a copy of the state's licensing rules (per licensing rules) and a digital copy of my policy handbook as well as the following items:

My contract is completed when parent returns above forms.
MelissaP 05:07 AM 12-13-2017
Thank you everyone for your input! I greatly appreciate it!
MelissaP 05:20 AM 12-13-2017
BC - What does your chemical use policy look like? I'm not sure I understand this one and "Google Knows All" doesn't give me anything. LOL
MelissaP 05:21 AM 12-13-2017
What's a "Program Reporting Sheet"?
Cat Herder 05:22 AM 12-13-2017
I have everything BC has plus:

Developmental screening consent form
EMS/Insurance form
Potty Readiness Education pdf
Emergency Response Plan
Communicable Disease Chart; CDC
Safe Sleep Education pdf
Digital Resource File
Infant Feeding Plan pdf
Weather Chart
QRIS Education pdf
Annual Calendar/Sample Menus pdf
Wellness Policy Education pdf

I give most in digital format but am required to have hard copies on hand as well. Parent handbooks and enrollments forms require signatures and are kept for two years.
Cat Herder 05:35 AM 12-13-2017
Mine is an brief explanation of my Mandated Reporter status and links to Abuse/Neglect Education https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/fa...preventingcan/. And https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/whatiscan.pdf

Also https://www.cssp.org/reform/strength...ve-Factors.pdf

It then gives links to local resources, concrete resources.
Blackcat31 06:05 AM 12-13-2017
BC - What does your chemical use policy look like? I'm not sure I understand this one and "Google Knows All" doesn't give me anything. LOL
MN requires both.

The program reporting sheet is the form we are required to provide parents that has all the numbers of who to contact of they want to report us (or anyone) to licensing or CPS.

The chemical use sheet is information for parents so they know I, nor any of my assistants, helpers or staff use drugs or alcohol during business hours.

I will private message you both my forms so you can see how mine are written.
MelissaP 06:11 AM 12-13-2017
Thank you all so very much!
Cat Herder 06:22 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The program reporting sheet is the form we are required to provide parents that has all the numbers of who to contact of they want to report us (or anyone) to licensing or CPS.
Funny how each state does the same things, just a bit differently. Mine includes that (how to report a provider and drug use policy. Ours even has a "fit for duty" blurb, now) in the parent handbook.

The only thing I have that is not required is my EMS form. I just like to have it to toss to the medic so they can start treatment before a parent can arrive. Implied consent only goes so far, sometimes.
LysesKids 07:39 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Funny how each state does the same things, just a bit differently. Mine includes that (how to report a provider and drug use policy. Ours even has a "fit for duty" blurb, now) in the parent handbook.

The only thing I have that is not required is my EMS form. I just like to have it to toss to the medic so they can start treatment before a parent can arrive. Implied consent only goes so far, sometimes.
I have a similar form for the same reason; if I have to call rescue squad, I want to them to be able to start emergency services before parents get here or to the hospital... Only thing I do different from everyone, is I have the parents sign the contract & pay first months fees, then I give them the registration paperwork to fill out and return at least 24 hrs before first day ( I do infants only). 99% of my interviews sign within 24 hrs, but I don't have funds to be handing out paperwork & then it not get returned. Having the contract signed first lets me know I have the parent lol
Cat Herder 08:00 AM 12-13-2017
Generic EMS forms for anyone interested:

https://www.acep.org/medicalforms/#s...cbwawich5tfv8b - Under consent to treat.

http://www.wakegov.com/ems/about/Doc...ent%20Info.pdf
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 12-13-2017
Thanks for sharing those! I downloaded and saved!
I will be using the consent form for sure! Our admit forms have a space for parents to sign off but that form provides a much neater way of giving consent as well as personal child info!
Cat Herder 08:18 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Thanks for sharing those! I downloaded and saved!
I will be using the consent form for sure! Our admit forms have a space for parents to sign off but that form provides a much neater way of giving consent as well as personal child info!
The medic will be so grateful to you, too. It prevents them from giving a medicine that is contraindicated based on a childs medical history. It also means they can go back in service sooner. Otherwise they have to hang out and wait for signatures and billing info to make sure the service is reimbursed for the supplies they used*. It leaves their territory uncovered, typically the second out unit is 20 minutes or more away in an emergency. They care about the folks in their assigned area, they know many of them by first name (especially their seniors and special needs patients) and take leaving them uncovered personally.

*Insurance only pays out so much per patient claim, the rest has to be written off. That means EMS is often left holding the bag. Eventually, they can't afford upgrades, supplies or training and patient care suffers. If your county is running in beat down trucks, the units shelves are bare and the staff is on forced overtime or suffering brown outs, you know why, now.
Cat Herder 08:28 AM 12-13-2017
I left out the point, I guess I thought you could read my mind or something. The first to submit a claim to the insurance company is the first paid by the insurance company. Hospitals are fine tuned to be the first. Daycares, schools and private citizens keeping these forms at the ready, to hand to the crew, helps even that score a bit.
MelissaP 12:15 PM 12-13-2017
Thank you for those.. I will for sure be using them!
Tags:enrollment forms, handbooks, mandated reporter, welcome letter, welcome packet
Reply Up