Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Private CPR/First Aid - What Would You Pay?
MG&Lsmom 09:19 AM 09-26-2011
Just wondering what you would think was reasonable to pay for a private CPR/First Aid certification class? My DH has been a Red Cross instructor for 15 years and he's been toying with the idea of offering private, on site instruction. He already certifies some area high school coaches, a boating company's employees and some of his coworkers. He wants to offer classes to home daycare providers, centers, even parents if the providers want to arrange a group class. There are certain costs associated with getting the certs, $20-$50 per person, depending on the exact cert being sought. These are costs charged to private instructors by the Red Cross. To take a class at the closest Red Cross is anywhere from $70-150. WDYT?
broncomom1973 09:47 AM 09-26-2011
I pay $20-$30 for my healthcare provider renewal CPR through the American Heart Association and it is a private lesson/course.
Sugar Magnolia 09:55 AM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
Just wondering what you would think was reasonable to pay for a private CPR/First Aid certification class? My DH has been a Red Cross instructor for 15 years and he's been toying with the idea of offering private, on site instruction. He already certifies some area high school coaches, a boating company's employees and some of his coworkers. He wants to offer classes to home daycare providers, centers, even parents if the providers want to arrange a group class. There are certain costs associated with getting the certs, $20-$50 per person, depending on the exact cert being sought. These are costs charged to private instructors by the Red Cross. To take a class at the closest Red Cross is anywhere from $70-150. WDYT?
I paid a private guy to do it at my house. It was $70 for just cpr and $100 for cpr+first aid. It was only about $15 more than the red cross and WORTH every penny. Sounds like a good business idea!
Blackcat31 10:07 AM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I paid a private guy to do it at my house. It was $70 for just cpr and $100 for cpr+first aid. It was only about $15 more than the red cross and WORTH every penny. Sounds like a good business idea!
Same here. I loved that the instructor came to my facitilty and did a small course for 5-7 of us. Worth every penny!!!
MsMe 10:36 AM 09-26-2011
I paid $27 per person for my private CPR.

I can not stand doing the hospital class......that terrible video that I have a really hard time staying awake for.

She was very nice, gave us a quick review, gave tons of helpfull information about other first reponce tech. and we tested.

I thought $27 was really cheap for a private CPR I prob would have paid as much as $75
jojosmommy 11:20 AM 09-26-2011
Ours is $40 per person to recertify. My mom pays about $350 to have someone come in and do all their dental staff at once (6 staff I think).

Our local lady does it in daycare homes after daycare hours and I think its a great idea however I have never seen how much it is individually. I think it would be a great business venture.
care-care 11:58 AM 09-26-2011
I just paid 35.00 to recert in hospital
morgan24 12:25 PM 09-26-2011
My last training was with a group of providers at my house and we each paid $50.00 for CPR and 1st aid. It's nice to have someone who will come to one of our houses and do it.
Cat Herder 04:13 AM 09-27-2011
I am an AHA Instructor and charge $40 per person. It is a great side business and I love it.
Tags:cpr, first aid
Reply Up