Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really Mad Right Now
tenderhearts 08:14 AM 06-28-2010
The dc mom that I have complained about always picking up late after my closing time is now late this morning. Right now for summer I have no one contracted for drop off's before 8:30 am. She asked me friday if she could drop off today at 7:45, I said yes that would be fine. Because of her late pickups I wanted to be sure so last night I called her and verified she was still dropping off at 7:45, she said yes it will be 7:45 -8 but closer to the 7:45I said ok, well guess what it's 8:30 and still no child, ugh I'm so mad. I tried calling her and she didn't answer her phone so I left a message asking what happened to the 7:45 dropoff, and said I didn't have any kids right now before 8:30 so thats why I called to verify with her she was dropping off early because I don't have to get up if I don't need to. It makes me so mad. what a way to start my week
professionalmom 09:13 AM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
The dc mom that I have complained about always picking up late after my closing time is now late this morning. Right now for summer I have no one contracted for drop off's before 8:30 am. She asked me friday if she could drop off today at 7:45, I said yes that would be fine. Because of her late pickups I wanted to be sure so last night I called her and verified she was still dropping off at 7:45, she said yes it will be 7:45 -8 but closer to the 7:45I said ok, well guess what it's 8:30 and still no child, ugh I'm so mad. I tried calling her and she didn't answer her phone so I left a message asking what happened to the 7:45 dropoff, and said I didn't have any kids right now before 8:30 so thats why I called to verify with her she was dropping off early because I don't have to get up if I don't need to. It makes me so mad. what a way to start my week
I have had this happen twice in the week right before the DCM terminated without notice. That's why I state in my contract that you are charged for the time you are BOOKED, not the time they are actually in care. If you don't use that time, you lose it and are charged. So there's none of this, "well, since I got there an hour late, can (s)he stay a hour later?" Um, no.
gbcc 09:27 AM 06-28-2010
Oh, I hate that. Not to sound lazy but if I don't have to get up I don't want to! I started charging a ncns fee. It's assessed after 15 mintues of being late without notice.
originalkat 10:00 AM 06-28-2010
That is how I am too...if I dont have to get up early then I don't want to!!
I would be really irritated about this (especially because you called to verify!)
TGT09 10:19 AM 06-28-2010
I'm having an issue of this sort! I got up at 7:00 to be up and ready by 7:15 for my first kids last week and dcd didn't show up until 7:40!! I was not a happy camper because I love my sleep!
TGT09 10:21 AM 06-28-2010
P.S. He wasn't suppose to be here until 7:20 today and rang the bell at 7...guess where I still was?! Yep, in bed.
originalkat 01:49 PM 06-28-2010
It only takes me 30 minutes to get ready in the morning including throwing the wash load into the dryer. LOL! So if a parent shows up early, I am probably in the shower.
MarinaVanessa 02:09 PM 06-28-2010
I'd be peeved also. I'd say no more early drop-offs since she obviously can't be on time. I also go by their scheduled time and not by the time they are actually here. My first DC little gets here at 9am (lucky me ) and if I ever have a parent that wants to drop off early they must pick up at the same time or pay overtime fees. If they're late ... well then I don't approve of any more early drop offs. I enjoy my mornings (get up at 7am, have a cup of tea, email, laundry etc).
melissa ann 03:10 PM 06-28-2010
I"ve been there. I get up at 5:30 for the kids at 6am. Sometimes g-pa will either go to his girlfriends or start early and daugher's b-friend will drop off the kids. He tells g-pa that I won't notice the difference. Yeah right. With him, it can be anywhere from 6:30(rare, but happens) -9:00. I changed my handbook that if I expect your child at a certain time and 30 mins go by without any word. I will charge $10 and I may refuse service if/when kids do show up. Whatever happen to a little couretsy?
katie 07:11 PM 06-28-2010
Yep, I wake up like 15 minutes beforehand, they arrive at 7. I need my sleep! My worst fear, I sleep through and someone comes. Yikes.
Tags:late pickup
Reply Up