Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Soymilk Food Program Question
familyschoolcare 08:34 AM 01-09-2013
Can anyone tell me what the requirements for soymilk? Better yet does someone know what brand/s sell soymilk in small boxes individual servings and

what store to buy it at. Several months ago when my food program guy was out he said that he just came form another providers house and she was able

to find small boxes but he could not remember the brand or the store that she bought them at but that they where approved.
Blackcat31 08:40 AM 01-09-2013
This is the list I was given:

I have no idea if those are common brands in all areas of the U.S. but that is the list I received. Hope that helps
familyschoolcare 08:42 AM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is the list I was given:
  • 8th Continent Original Soy milk
  • Pacific Natural Ultra Soy milk (Plain or vanilla)
  • Walmart Great Value Original Soy milk
  • Kikkoman Pearl Organic Soy milk Creamy Vanilla
  • Sunrich Naturals Original or Vanilla Soy milk

I have no idea if those are common brands in all areas of the U.S. but that is the list I received. Hope that helps
Thank you that helps I think I will check wallmart today.
snips&snails 04:14 PM 01-09-2013
8th continent is what I use for my son...I was told any that qualify for WIC are accepted on the food program
Heidi 04:58 PM 01-09-2013
I buy Soysilk, and I have seen that in single-serving containers. Our local Festival Food carries it, and I've seen it at the Woodman's chain. I don't know if they sell it in California.

I had one little guy who drank Almond Milk because they thought he had a lactose issue. I saw that at Aldi very cheaply, and I think they have a Soy milk there too.
snips&snails 07:53 PM 01-09-2013
Pacific is usually a shelf stable quart size; 8th continent is usually 1/2 gallon. It keeps pretty well anyway, label says 10 days after opening on most
Tags:food program, food program questions, milk - soy
Reply Up