Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Provide Copies of Documents?
GKJNIGMN 05:09 PM 07-30-2014
I have a DCP who was absolutely horrible. I look back and don't know how I dealt with the chaos for 7 months.

Anyway, she termed herself after we went on vacation for a week as soon as school was out and when we came back she had every excuse in the book about showing up and or paying. She specifically told me that she did not want me to fill her spot. She wanted to pay and keep the spot.

She was $51 behind when I left, the state won't pay the $400 for the week I was on vacation because they only pay if her children continued to attend after that date and she never showed up again, I am out the $400 the following week when she was telling me she was hurt at work but would be showing up the next week and didn't want me to fill the spot, and I have a 2 weeks notice clause in the contract she signed which would be another $400 per week for a grand total of $1651 plus late fees.

Now I obviously am not really upset about the money because I never want to see her again. I had posted before about her child who was out of control and I had been sending her home almost daily. I was completely fine with just losing the money, lesson learned about who I accept.

My real question is, today she text me out of the blue wanting me to provider her copies of her childrens' shot records. Am I responsible for providing those?
craftymissbeth 05:17 PM 07-30-2014
No, she can get copies at the doctor's office. She has a lot of nerve asking you for special when she already owes you a ton of money
jenboo 05:38 PM 07-30-2014
I would tell her I could provide them for $1651
Shell 05:47 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Just tell her you filed them away, and she should contact the doctor.
GKJNIGMN 05:50 PM 07-30-2014
Exactly what I was thinking but I just sometimes feel maybe my judgement is clouded by irritation lol

I know her doctor is 30 minutes away and she possibly has no car but I also know that she has 60 days to get the records on file with her new daycare which is, I assume, why she is asking which would have been more than enough time to get them mailed to her had she planned ahead at all.

I will just be ignoring her text. Thanks for the help.
itlw8 07:39 PM 07-30-2014
her dr will mail them to her ... unless maybe she owes them money also.
NightOwl 07:53 PM 07-30-2014
I tell people they're in storage (aka my garage) and I can't get to them (yes I can, by walking out my back door) until at least 4 weeks from now (about 2 minutes) because my storage is located about 2 hours away (in my back yard). They find other ways to obtain their records after that.
Leigh 09:12 PM 07-30-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I would tell her the same.
Second Home 03:38 AM 07-31-2014
I have also been asked . But it was because the parent felt I should not have their child's info after they leave my care when going into K. I told them the state requires me to keep ALL paperwork for 2 years after care is terminated . They were upset because they felt I had no right to their information .
But I would make copies depending on the situation .
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I have also been asked . But it was because the parent felt I should not have their child's info after they leave my care when going into K. I told them the state requires me to keep ALL paperwork for 2 years after care is terminated . They were upset because they felt I had no right to their information .
But I would make copies depending on the situation .
We're required by the state to keep copies for x amount of year after they leave too.

I try to make sure to include that info in y enrollment package and tell parents to make copies of ANYTHING they are giving to me should they want it in the future as I won't be returning anything to them after.

I have only had one parent come back afterwards and ask me to make copies of immunization records but they were honest and said it was because they were too lazy to go to the clinic and get the records themselves.

I just told them I didn't have time to dig their file out and make a copy. They just said not to worry about it and would go to the clinic.
Tags:subsidy, subsidy issues
Reply Up