Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>SSN vs. Tax ID Number
Jujube835 09:38 AM 04-01-2015
I know that most people say you should get an EIN so you don't have to use your SSN. However I'm assuming it makes taxes soooo much harder! Are there more pros/cons?

I was thinking of just using my SSN and then getting some identity theft protection...
permanentvacation 09:59 AM 04-01-2015
I have used an EIN number for 25 years and have never had any problems. It's not 'hard'. You simply give the parents the EIN number, your name, and address. They give that information to their accountant or whoever does their taxes. It's simple. There is absolutely no way at all that I would give my social security number to anyone.
Blackcat31 10:58 AM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by BakerMomma:
I know that most people say you should get an EIN so you don't have to use your SSN. However I'm assuming it makes taxes soooo much harder! Are there more pros/cons?

I was thinking of just using my SSN and then getting some identity theft protection...
It in no way makes taxes harder.

I've had an EIN for years now too so not sure how one would think that.

I would advise you to get one (its super easy) and I "think" automatic if you do it on-line through the irs website!
Jujube835 11:34 AM 04-01-2015
Ok thanks ladies. I guess I just assumed that filing both personal and business taxes would be really confusing.
Thriftylady 12:27 PM 04-01-2015
I had been wondering this also, thanks OP. I just got mine took 5 minutes if that.
itlw8 08:08 PM 04-01-2015
even if you use your SS# you still have to file business taxes. you do schedule C then the total income gets put on your personal form The EIN is linked with your SS# the EIN is on the Schedule C
Reply Up