Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: First Debate - Who Will You Vote For President?
Obama 39 45.35%
Romney 38 44.19%
Other 5 5.81%
Undecided 4 4.65%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll
1 2
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Political Poll - Just For Fun
saved4always 04:01 PM 10-04-2012
I am not a big fan of Romney's so I am not sure if I am actually going to vote or not, but I definitely will not vote for Obama. I could never vote for someone who supports abortion. I believe that a life is created by God at conception and that abortion is murder. My strong feelings on this issue do not allow me to vote for someone who believes it is okay to kill babies, regardless of the rest of their political views. I lean very conservative in most of my views, so, if the abortion issue was not there for me, I would still not vote for Obama.
Sunchimes 04:13 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
I know I posted something similiar on here last night but I am nervous and have an anxious stomach right now thinking about our future after this meeting so i just had to kind of vent somewhere, sorry!!
Aw, Breezy. If there was anything that would sway my vote one way or the other, it's how we treat our military. We aren't a military family, but my heart aches and I get angry every time I hear about how they are abused.

Keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and hoping for a good outcome!
Sunchimes 04:33 PM 10-04-2012
This is my take on women's rights. I think that a lot of women's rights issues are in Congress not the POTUS. It's a Republican ideas vs Democrats ideas heaped on the presidential candidates wagons, even though they really don't make the decisions. I know I'm guilty of doing that-did it today in fact. I have to remind myself that the POTUS doesn't make laws-Congress does. That's probably why it wasn't addressed in the debate last night.

I don't care what their personal beliefs are until they start forcing them on me. When a politician declares that he doesn't believe in abortion for any reason at all, that's fine. Don't get one-watch your daughter die from an ectopic pregnancy. Your choice.

But, don't force me to watch my granddaughter die from a medical problem that can be solved. Don't make my granddaughter carry a child that is the result of a rape and (in some states) be forced to have contact with her rapist for the next 18 years because he claims paternal rights. Let her make the choice, not you. Give her the freedom to exercise her belief system, not yours.

By the same token, I don't care whether anyone is pro-life or pro-abortion. That isn't the point of being pro-choice. Pro-choice means just what it says. I respect your right to make the choice that is right for you, and I expect you to give me the same courtesy. ("You" meaning politicians.)

Honestly, I don't want either of them and may write in someone if I can't bring myself to check one of the boxes. But, you can bet that I will be watching the Senate and House races closely, with a voting record slip in my hand.
jen 05:34 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
And I do need to say that the abusers of the welfare system are the exception, not the rule. My mother is a case worker and she has seen her fair share of abusers who live off the system. It is more prevalent in low income areas where the people are raised that way and know of no other way. IMO, this makes it even more important to have affordable education options for all.

But I am also of the opinion that I would rather pay for a handful of abusers who cheat the system if it helps feed, house, and clothe a child/family who really needs the assistance.

Remember that a lot of the system abuse is at the state level, not federal. So make sure you look into who is running in your state to make an informed choice.
LOVE!!!! I work in a Title 1 school; 80% of our kids live below the poverty level. The only hope we have of ever getting these kids a better way of life is to make sure that they are educated!
Kaddidle Care 05:36 PM 10-04-2012
yay Willow!

I think it's so important to get out and vote because at least you'll know you tried when the President is elected. If you didn't at least try to vote, then you'd better button your lip when things don't go your way. Every vote counts.

It's like the lottery - you gotta be in it to win it.
mom2many 06:05 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
32 million on food stamps four years ago, 47 million on food stamps now??

Yeah, going with Romney. We can't stay on this path!
It terrifies me that people don't see the destructive path Obama is on and what will happen to this country if he is re-elected.
Unregistered 06:16 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by mom2many:
It terrifies me that people don't see the destructive path Obama is on and what will happen to this country if he is re-elected.
I hope people are finally waking up. The media decides elections not people or presidents. How could the press be so wrong? They are also doing the president an disservice by not covering the facts but creating their own perception and narrative. It's actually leaving the president blinded on what's really going on in America. The masses and media got a glimpse of reality last night. Was it enough? We'll see.
Kaddidle Care 07:50 PM 10-04-2012
He has bought a lot of votes. (With our tax dollars thank-you-very-much.) And added to the debt of our children and their children, etc., etc.
Live and Learn 07:54 PM 10-04-2012
Interesting....it looks like this poll is a reflection of the national polls I've seen.

Thanks Michael.
Live and Learn 07:56 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
He has bought a lot of votes. (With our tax dollars thank-you-very-much.) And added to the debt of our children and their children, etc., etc.
There was no deficient under Clinton. We can thank George W for cranking up the deficit again.
Willow 09:05 PM 10-04-2012
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
There was no deficient under Clinton. We can thank George W for cranking up the deficit again.

While it is true the last 5 democratic presidents (Clinton, Carter, Johnson, Kennedy, and Truman) managed to reduce public debt, and the last last 4 republican presidents (George W, George H. W., Reagan and Ford) oversaw an increase.....Obama himself has jacked up the national debt faster than than any other president in the history of these United States.

Using your logic, under Obama it should have at least taken a serious downward turn, right?


Do you have any comment on the history of the federal deficit under Presidents Wilson and Roosevelt?
Willow 09:12 PM 10-04-2012
Seems as if even Obama's best buddy the infamous Bill Maher had something (or rather plenty of somethings) to say about last evening

http://www.politico.com/news/stories....html?hp=l3_b3
MN Mom 05:49 AM 10-05-2012
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
There was no deficient under Clinton. We can thank George W for cranking up the deficit again.
The Dot-Com bubble was responsible for that. 1997-2000 with the height/climax hitting roughly around 2000 and begin collapsing from 2000-2001. Not to say Clinton didn't do a good job. I would be ECSTATIC if Mr. Clinton was president right now. I liked him, cigar and all. Overall he was a fantastic leader, very smart, GREAT with foreign policy and willing to work across the aisle. He accomplished a lot, even with a republican majority in the House. That is more to say for our current congress who hasn't passed a true budget in 3+ years. We cannot continue to blame only the republicans for that...The Democrats couldn't pass a budget when they controlled both the house and the senate from 2008-2010.

I really really really have NO trust for President Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, etc. I don't believe a word coming from any of their mouths. Not to say they haven't accomplished some good things, because they have....but the number of bad far outweighs the good IMHO. We need strong leadership, a strong voice for the American people...not someone who is going to apologize to the world for every decision we make they don't like.
Cat Herder 06:47 AM 10-05-2012
I am with Jill Stein, but know there is no chance she will win.

I feel everyone should pay their fair share of taxes.

This goes especially for Big Business and Big Religion. I am sick of "Religious Exemption". It should not exist, IMHO.

I don't care if you worship a frog, that is between you and your frog. You should not get to be tax exempt because of it.
Former Teacher 08:22 AM 10-05-2012
I don't care for either one of them but I will take the lesser of the 2 evils and vote for Romney.

In all my years I have never bothered to even register to vote. Until this year.

Romney may not win but at least I won't be a hypocrite if he does lose because I didn't vote.
Former Teacher 08:25 AM 10-05-2012
The thing that baffles me is that the Nobama (as I like to call him) supporters aren't fazed by the fact we are BILLIONS in debt. The Nobama supporters aren't fazed by the fact we are apologizing to other countries for our actions. Among other things.....

Yet when Mittens (as I call him ) states he was going to cut funding for Big Bird...the Nobama supporters are all in an uproar!
Live and Learn 09:24 AM 10-05-2012
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
The thing that baffles me is that the Nobama (as I like to call him) supporters aren't fazed by the fact we are BILLIONS in debt.
BILLIONS IN DEBT? WOW!! What a fantasy! Get your facts straight. I am a Obama supporter and I know that we are actually TRILLIONS in debt! Something like 16 TRILLION.....(and that is much larger than billions in debt. Not trying to sound condescending. Just trying to be factual.)

Under Clinton we had no deficit. You can thank George W for cranking up the deficit and running the economy into the ground over eight years before he left office and left the huge mess for Obama to clean up.

I am way better off than I was four years ago.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But for me personally I feel like I can't trust Romney any farther than I can throw him. He seems to just say whatever suits him for the moment.

Thank you for the polite and civil conversation. Where I live almost everyone believes like me. It is interesting to hear the other side.
SunshineMama 09:55 AM 10-05-2012
Everyone keeps praising Clinton and Clinton's economy. The problem with that is that Obama is not Clinton. We aren't in a tech bubble, we are in a recession. George W. did rack up debt. But in his defense, we were attacked and had to pay for a war. Then the housing market crashed. It was the perfect storm for disaster.

Obama has had 4 years to either maintain the status quo or improve it. He has done neither. Things got worse. Millions more are now on welfare than before. Millions. The deficit is growing. Jobs are not improving. People are becoming less motivated to work and more motivated to hold out their hands.

I will be honest. When I heard hat Obama wanted to reduce student loan debt I thought to myself, "that sounds kinda nice." But would I rather have my legitimate debt forgiven, or be able to make enough money so I can get a good job and actually pay it back? Romney wants to provide opportunity for people to have enough money to be able to pay their bills, not pay their bills for them. There's no such thing as a free lunch. If our country keeps giving things away and making people dependent on government, what do we honestly expect to happen down the road?

Also, the media is biased and they lie. After watching the debates, I cannot believe that some of the commercials for Obama are still on the air. DH says that people are stupid enough to believe what they see on TV without doing their own research. People sound so uneducated when they just parrot what others say and dont back it up with actual facts.

After the debate, most of my Obama supporting friends posted pics on facebook of sesame street characters holding knives saying, "it's on" to Romney. It seems so stupid to me that is what they took out of the debate. In context, Romney said that he would cut PBS funding if it meant that we would not have to borrow money from China. Personally, I can sacrafice a TV show or station if it means we arent in debt to a communist country. But i suppose we all have our priorities.
lovemykidstoo 10:00 AM 10-05-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
Everyone keeps praising Clinton and Clinton's economy. The problem with that is that Obama is not Clinton. We aren't in a tech bubble, we are in a recession. George W. did rack up debt. But in his defense, we were attacked and had to pay for a war. Then the housing market crashed. It was the perfect storm for disaster.

Obama has had 4 years to either maintain the status quo or improve it. He has done neither. Things got worse. Millions more are now on welfare than before. Millions. The deficit is growing. Jobs are not improving. People are becoming less motivated to work and more motivated to hold out their hands.

I will be honest. When I heard hat Obama wanted to reduce student loan debt I thought to myself, "that sounds kinda nice." But would I rather have my legitimate debt forgiven, or be able to make enough money so I can get a good job and actually pay it back? Romney wants to provide opportunity for people to have enough money to be able to pay their bills, not pay their bills for them. There's no such thing as a free lunch. If our country keeps giving things away and making people dependent on government, what do we honestly expect to happen down the road?

Also, the media is biased and they lie. After watching the debates, I cannot believe that some of the commercials for Obama are still on the air. DH says that people are stupid enough to believe what they see on TV without doing their own research. People sound so uneducated when they just parrot what others say and dont back it up with actual facts.

After the debate, most of my Obama supporting friends posted pics on facebook of sesame street characters holding knives saying, "it's on" to Romney. It seems so stupid to me that is what they took out of the debate. In context, Romney said that he would cut PBS funding if it meant that we would not have to borrow money from China. Personally, I can sacrafice a TV show or station if it means we arent in debt to a communist country. But i suppose we all have our priorities.
Amen! It is driving me nuts the talk about PBS. Seriously this is the biggest problem some people have? OMG!! Plus, he didn't say that he was taking PBS off the air, he said that he would cut the gov't funding of it, which I'm sorry we shouldn't be funding anyway. Like I said a while ago, we have telethons here for people to donate to pbs if they want.
wahmof3 10:45 AM 10-05-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:

Also, the media is biased and they lie. After watching the debates, I cannot believe that some of the commercials for Obama are still on the air. DH says that people are stupid enough to believe what they see on TV without doing their own research. People sound so uneducated when they just parrot what others say and dont back it up with actual facts.

After the debate, most of my Obama supporting friends posted pics on facebook of sesame street characters holding knives saying, "it's on" to Romney. It seems so stupid to me that is what they took out of the debate. In context, Romney said that he would cut PBS funding if it meant that we would not have to borrow money from China. Personally, I can sacrafice a TV show or station if it means we arent in debt to a communist country. But i suppose we all have our priorities.
It's great that you brought up the media & the political commercials. My DD, 9yo, is very much into this election. They are studying the process in 4th grade and she asks many questions. My goal is to teach her how to make an educated choice and to know her facts. She commented the other night on a political ad that was tearing up a candidate that I will be voting for (not presidential). I don't remember what the accusation was but she firmly believed this candidate had "done" whatever the commercial said he did BECAUSE IT WAS ON TV and was clearly untrue. I had to sit her down and explain how both sides try to dig up the worst on people to gain another's vote. Anyway, how many people DO believe these ads and make their decisions based on the info in the ads/media???

The key to the PBS statement was cut funding if it means we would not have to borrow money from China! I agree with you-- PBS as well as other things can go if that means we aren't in debt to China.

My vote is for Romney. Our country cannot keep on the same path its on.
Former Teacher 11:26 AM 10-05-2012
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
BILLIONS IN DEBT? WOW!! What a fantasy! Get your facts straight. I am a Obama supporter and I know that we are actually TRILLIONS in debt! Something like 16 TRILLION.....(and that is much larger than billions in debt. Not trying to sound condescending. Just trying to be factual.)
I was actually typing so fast that my fingers were speaking before my brain
MyAngels 12:58 PM 10-05-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Amen! It is driving me nuts the talk about PBS. Seriously this is the biggest problem some people have? OMG!! Plus, he didn't say that he was taking PBS off the air, he said that he would cut the gov't funding of it, which I'm sorry we shouldn't be funding anyway. Like I said a while ago, we have telethons here for people to donate to pbs if they want.
And on a lighter note (assuming I do this right )....

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Attached: cf7.jpg (18.5 KB) ht_5_sesame_street_big_bird_wm_nt_121004_wblog.jpg (41.6 KB) images.jpg (8.9 KB) 
Tags:fun, government, political views, poll, president
1 2
Closed Thread Up