Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"She Potty Trained This Weekend"
ihop 09:22 AM 03-03-2014
Dcg almost three came in panties this morning. She has never been more then two days accident free.Cannot get herself on the toilet before having an accident. And recently stopped communicating about it at all. Just comes and tells me after she pees.

But mom brought back up undies so its fine
I told her she needed to be two weeks accident free per my policy and that she would go back into a pull up but could have the undies on the outside.

She made a big fuss that dcg was soo excited to wear them then Said 4 times to dcg "Ms.... wants you to go put a pull up on now, you cant wear your panties" ugh seriously

I basically shut the door on her. The nerve of some people.

She potties in the weekend because she has a toilet on the floor and stays naked constantly. We don't operate like that.

I know it gets talked about here all of the time but I just needed to be heard, im going to find nannydes potty policy and print it off for her during nap
Thanks!
Reply
melonieb 09:46 AM 03-03-2014
I had a boy who was 3.5 and still potty trained. I tried my best to get him on the potty, wouldn't do it. Anyhow, I had him 7 months trying to potty train, mom moves and miracles happens. Texted mom 2 weeks later and she says that he is completely potty trained and has had no accidents. Let me say that this boy has peed all over my house, all over the bathroom, and all over himself when he was coming here, is was a total mess.
Reply
ihop 09:57 AM 03-06-2014
I just took her to the potty to find out she is in underwear again! Parents didn't even say anything this morning. Dresses her in a freakishly long short, im sure to try to cover up the no pull up thing. Ugh!!!! I made the rules clear. Im so mad! The last thing I need is a room full if crawling babies and a no where near potty trained kid in panties. I could just scream, they are rules for a reason
Reply
Kabob 10:04 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by ihop:
I just took her to the potty to find out she is in underwear again! Parents didn't even say anything this morning. Dresses her in a freakishly long short, im sure to try to cover up the no pull up thing. Ugh!!!! I made the rules clear. Im so mad! The last thing I need is a room full if crawling babies and a no where near potty trained kid in panties. I could just scream, they are rules for a reason
Did you end up with my former dcm's twin? I ended up terming a dcm because she did exactly this. She couldn't follow other policies either but trying to sneak in her daughter here in underwear repeatedly became a big issue. She knew dcg couldn't handle going on the potty but figured if I did the work for her then dcg would magically be potty trained even though dcm admitted to not doing any work with her at home.

Really that's what it boils down to...she is completely disrespecting you and the other children in your care and lying to you. Once that trust and respect is gone it is hard to build it up again...

I would call her and have her fix the issue now or else it could get worse fast once she thinks it's ok to violate a policy that you put in place for the health and well being of everyone.
Reply
Blackcat31 10:06 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by ihop:
I just took her to the potty to find out she is in underwear again! Parents didn't even say anything this morning. Dresses her in a freakishly long short, im sure to try to cover up the no pull up thing. Ugh!!!! I made the rules clear. Im so mad! The last thing I need is a room full if crawling babies and a no where near potty trained kid in panties. I could just scream, they are rules for a reason
Do you have diapers or Pull ups of HERs on site?

If not, I'd be calling the parent for immediate pick up.

What they just did was complete disregard for your policies and rules and NOT something I would be ok with.
Reply
NeedaVaca 10:08 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Do you have diapers or Pull ups of HERs on site?

If not, I'd be calling the parent for immediate pick up.

What they just did was complete disregard for your policies and rules and NOT something I would be ok with.

Reply
Leigh 10:12 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by ihop:
I just took her to the potty to find out she is in underwear again! Parents didn't even say anything this morning. Dresses her in a freakishly long short, im sure to try to cover up the no pull up thing. Ugh!!!! I made the rules clear. Im so mad! The last thing I need is a room full if crawling babies and a no where near potty trained kid in panties. I could just scream, they are rules for a reason
Do you have pull ups for her? If not, I would call a parent to pick the child up, seriously. There is no excuse for them doing this in (and TO) your home when they are aware that you don't allow it.
Reply
ihop 10:19 AM 03-06-2014
Yes I have pull ups here for her. Dcd dropped off so ill give the benefit of the doubt, he may just be that clueless. Or they will try to tell me she dresses herself they didn't know blah blah.

I printed nannydes potty policy and highlighted again the accident free two weeks HERE and put it in a Ziploc baggie with her undies.

They shame and harass her so much about potty training that if she had had an accident in here undies, she would have lost it and probably ruined her whole day.

I just cant get over it. Its gross and rude and not acceptable. Its a good thing the sitter is picking up because I don't think I could contain my anger.

I know they are just pushing hard so they can pull her during summer and have the 15yo male babysitter watch her without having to assist with toileting.
Reply
nannyde 12:41 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by ihop:
Yes I have pull ups here for her. Dcd dropped off so ill give the benefit of the doubt, he may just be that clueless. Or they will try to tell me she dresses herself they didn't know blah blah.

I printed nannydes potty policy and highlighted again the accident free two weeks HERE and put it in a Ziploc baggie with her undies.

They shame and harass her so much about potty training that if she had had an accident in here undies, she would have lost it and probably ruined her whole day.

I just cant get over it. Its gross and rude and not acceptable. Its a good thing the sitter is picking up because I don't think I could contain my anger.

I know they are just pushing hard so they can pull her during summer and have the 15yo male babysitter watch her without having to assist with toileting.
I would just stop discussing it with them. She's trained at home and not trained at your house. That may go on for months... or even a year. Just require that they send diapers and QUIT conferencing about it. If they bring it up say "she's trying. Tomorrow is a new day".

Every single time "yup she's TRYING. Tomorrow is a new day"

When they claim she is perfect at home say "awesome".

When they ask why not there at your house say "she's trying. Tomorrow is a new day"
Reply
Tags:parental responsibility, potty trained - not, potty training
Reply Up