Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gave Notice
melissa ann 06:06 AM 11-10-2011
Well, g-pa gave me their 2 week notice yesterday. Since I'm closed Thanksgiving and the day after, the wednesday before thanksgiving will be their last. I will putting an ad in the paper later today and I'll post CL. I did post it on FB so my friends/family can keep me in mind if they hear of anyone needed childcare. I'm not panicing yet. I know that when one door closes another one opens.
Last sunday at church, our pastor said that the first thing we should say when we get up should be: Lord, today I will put my trust in you. I have been saying that everyday. Hopefully, I will be able to replace the 2 spots quickly.
Christian Mother 06:10 AM 11-10-2011
Sorry to hear. I hope you find a replacement family really soon!! It's scary but by putting your trust and faith in the Lord to provide for you..he will follow through. Just hang in there. A good family will be coming your way.
MarinaVanessa 10:57 AM 11-10-2011
Yeah don't worry. Not yet. Something will work out for you. I was told on Tuesday that DCM is being transferred to another work location 2 cities away and that she is looking for a DC in that city. She said in "about 2 weeks" but hasn't actually given me her 2 weeks notice. As soon as she left I posted an ad on CL and have already had 7 calls and 2 actual interviews set up for this Sunday.

I'm relieved about the interest so I'm sending you some of my luck, it's headed your way . You'll see, it'll all work out in the end. Just remember, if it doesn't feel right and you see any red flags ... go with your gut.
melissa ann 11:52 AM 11-10-2011
Thank you to the both of you.
I'm not too worried yet. Although, it's right before the holidays. I have 2 young kids of my own. I crochet and make jewelry and do sell what I make and I'm having a jewelry show at my house this saturday. I'm hoping it goes well.
But, like I said in a different post, my husband is a compulsive gambler and does not contribute anything to the household bills or for the kids. Our daughter's b-day was 2 weeks ago and he didn't attend her party or get her a gift
But, I have 2 weeks left. I'm sure something will turn up.
CheekyChick 02:22 PM 11-10-2011
Just keep praying the PERFECT family comes into your life. It will all work out - just have faith.
sharlan 02:24 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I'm not too worried yet. Although, it's right before the holidays. I have 2 young kids of my own. I crochet and make jewelry and do sell what I make and I'm having a jewelry show at my house this saturday. I'm hoping it goes well.
But, like I said in a different post, my husband is a compulsive gambler and does not contribute anything to the household bills or for the kids. Our daughter's b-day was 2 weeks ago and he didn't attend her party or get her a gift
Time to get rid of the husband.
laundrymom 03:11 PM 11-10-2011
Oh no!!!! He did NOT skip out on a child!!!? Ummmmm. Wow, wish I could change things for you
Michael 03:21 PM 11-10-2011
My husband is a compulsive gambler and does not contribute anything to the household bills or for the kids. Our daughter's b-day was 2 weeks ago and he didn't attend her party or get her a gift
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Time to get rid of the husband.
Boy, I hate to get involved in your personal life but you seem to be enabling your spouse's behaviour by not taking corrective action. In his mind likely everything is ok as long as you keep the status quo. I'm sure his actions upset you but it's time to take control of you and your child's life and start dealing some tough love and get out of your situation. He is not going to change unless you do. It seems to be a destructive environment IMO.
mac60 03:22 PM 11-10-2011
Sorry to hear this. Gpa has been a thorn in your side for quite sometime. I hope you get a call real soon and fill up your spots. I know you have bent over backwards in the past for them.

Husbands, bah humbug, sometimes I think life would be easier with out them. Hugs to you.
MARSTELAC 08:29 AM 11-11-2011
Yes, do keep the faith. Hopefully you'll pull some great new families in!
About the husband....can't live with them, can't live without them. Hugs to you for all that you deal with. I know people say get rid of the ones like that but sometimes they just don't get all that is involved with that. Sometimes it's easier said than done. Hope he can get over his issue and become more involved. So many spouses have addictions to one thing or another and it really affects everyone involved. So, many more hugs and best wishes for success all around. You deserve it!
Tags:2 week notice, husband, husband - loser
Reply Up