Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ever want to charge based on how good/bad the child is?
Christina72684 06:32 AM 07-18-2012
I have a couple of 2yr old girls that are angels. They behave very well, aren't mean to others, and even ask if they can lay down after lunch and nap for almost 3 hours. Then I have a 10month old that cries from the minute mom drops off until she picks up. If we're lucky enough to get him down for nap, we can't let go of him because as soon as we even attempt to put him down he automatically wakes up and starts crying again. It's basically costing us one whole person to watch this kid all day and attempt to make him happy, whereas the little 2yr old angels are easy as pie. I wish I could charge double for the bad/difficult kids and half for the good ones

Is that wrong? lol
Hunni Bee 06:41 AM 07-18-2012
In that case, its not really how.good or bad the child is, its that, that kid needs more adult that the rest of the kids.

If it were you alone, I'd say term or charge more. But it sounds like you have.help....

I still say mark the calendar for 30 days from now, start advertising and if he's still screaming nonstop in a month, term and replace. Some kids just aren't built for group care and that's okay.
akpayne 07:30 AM 07-18-2012
I wish sometimes I could charge based on parents behavior!! LOL I have some who are doozys...love the kids, cant stand the parents. In a dream world huh?.....
Zoe 08:10 AM 07-18-2012
Yeah, that would be nice. I do find myself being more flexible with those families who don't give me grief moreso than the ones who stress me out. That almost is like more compensation for me.
Unregistered 08:26 AM 07-18-2012
YES! I would be rich if I charged one family based on their kids behavior and their own disrespect. Thought about it many times. A convience fee/special needs rate. Even though neither is dx with special needs they both have more than typical needs.
KBCsMommy 08:49 AM 07-18-2012
I once raised rates on a child the exact same age and issues as you are having. I thought being paid more would make it less stressfull.

It didn't matter, no amount of money can change the stress level from a child who is unhappy, stressed and screams all day long.

It is not worth it, some kids are just not equiped for daycare! I ended up terming anyways.
SunshineMama 10:06 AM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Yeah, that would be nice. I do find myself being more flexible with those families who don't give me grief moreso than the ones who stress me out. That almost is like more compensation for me.
Same. I'm way more flexible with the good parents
Tags:behavior, difficulty of child, rates, varying rates
Reply Up