Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anybody Want To Post A Pic Of Your Backyard Play Area?
cheerfuldom 10:20 AM 05-03-2011
looking for more ideas for my backyard!
SilverSabre25 10:53 AM 05-03-2011
If it ever stops raining so that I can finish it, sure!
KEG123 10:56 AM 05-03-2011
Mine is very boring right now!
MN Day Mom 11:04 AM 05-03-2011
I've been trying to upload a couple pictures, but keep failing at it
MN Day Mom 12:48 PM 05-03-2011
I started a weebly site and it has two photo's of my playground....

http://jillschildcare.weebly.com/photos.html
KEG123 01:02 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by MN Day Mom:

Can I come play?!
QualiTcare 01:07 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Can I come play?!
me too?! that's very nice!
AnythingsPossible 01:12 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by MN Day Mom:

Love your playset! My state requires tremendous fall zone protection, so I can't contemplate that here! Do you have pea gravel around all your equipment areas? I bet your huge sandbox is a hit! That is the biggest draw in our yard for sure!
jen2651 02:49 PM 05-03-2011
wow - jealous! gets my creative juices (unfortunately, not financial) flowing!
cheerfuldom 03:41 PM 05-03-2011
oh goodness, that backyard is perfection.
MN Day Mom 06:09 AM 05-04-2011
Thanks Everyone! We do love our playground! The sandbox is the best... it needs some fixing up this summer, but it is the most used thing out there!! Yes the entire area where equipment is has pea rock that we freshen up every few years along with the sand in the sandbox.
texascare 06:09 AM 05-04-2011
I am on my way over with all my kids to play!!! Your set up is amazing!!!! How long did it tak you to do all that?
MN Day Mom 06:24 AM 05-04-2011
Thankfully I have an amazing and handy husband. We pretty much put it all together our first spring/summer here. We brought all of the plastic stuff with from our old house. Both of our children have special needs and they were 2 and 3 when we built this house, so we set things up at the time to support them and keep them safe... and it just so happened to benefit the daycare too
melskids 06:36 AM 05-04-2011
we are redoing the play area, slowly between the snow finally leaving, and now its been raining for two weeks. ugh!

but here are a few pics of som stuff we've added/fixed up. we just mulched under the swinset and climbers, but i dont have any pics of that yet.

we're still going to plant lots of bushes and flowers, build a wood playhouse, music area, put in some pulleys and ropes, a water wall, talking tubes....geez, i gotta lot of work to do!!!

my hubby made a water table....
015.jpg

and a mud kitchen...
016.jpg

and an art easel (i'm going to screw clothpins on to hold paper)
013.jpg

our new sand area...needs some drift wood and a couple big boulders still
014.jpg
Attached:
MN Day Mom 06:59 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:

and a mud kitchen...
Attachment 445

Love the mud kitchen!! On the backside of my sandbox I was going to make a work station for a sand/wet kitchen
SunflowerMama 07:01 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
we are redoing the play area, slowly between the snow finally leaving, and now its been raining for two weeks. ugh!

but here are a few pics of som stuff we've added/fixed up. we just mulched under the swinset and climbers, but i dont have any pics of that yet.

we're still going to plant lots of bushes and flowers, build a wood playhouse, music area, put in some pulleys and ropes, a water wall, talking tubes....geez, i gotta lot of work to do!!!

my hubby made a water table....
Attachment 444

and a mud kitchen...
Attachment 445

and an art easel (i'm going to screw clothpins on to hold paper)
Attachment 446

our new sand area...needs some drift wood and a couple big boulders still
Attachment 447
Love your mud kitchen! Super cute! With my yard being so small that may be something I could easily add.
Childminder 07:45 AM 05-04-2011
Mine are listed under Ground cover for swing set, if you want to do a search. Can't seem to get the pic posted to this thread.
newtodaycare22 10:19 AM 05-04-2011
Is there a certain kind of sand that is ok without a cover? I've never understood how regular playbox sand survives the weather.
melskids 10:43 AM 05-04-2011
my regs state that the sandbox has to be covered.

i use a tarp, and hold it down with the buckets that hold the sand toys and a few bricks
DCMom 10:52 AM 05-04-2011
MN Day Mom, all I can say is, gorgeous! I'm green with envy

I can't post anymore photos because I apparently have posted too many and I can't delete any from my storage?

Anyway...I love the sandboxes and mud kitchen! Awesome, but my dh (and in this case 'd' stands for 'dumb') will NEVER, EVER let me have a sandbox again. It's the ONE thing he refuses me; he hates when the kids drag it all over and leave it in little piles all over the yard.

If that's all he complains about when it comes to running daycare, I'm happy!
Tags:backyard, pictures, play area - oiutdoor
Reply Up