Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Does Anyone Use A Daycare Accounting Program
DaycareMama 07:57 PM 01-08-2014
Right now I keep track of everything pen and paper style. I use a composition book to keep track of payments. I want to switch over to a computer program and my husband set me up with quick books. I'm just not finding it "childcare" friendly.

Does anyone use an accounting program that is strictly for daycare? I really only want something to keep a running balance of payments from parents and DSS.

What do you all use?
Cat Herder 03:43 AM 01-09-2014
Minute Menu Kids Pro www.minutemenu.com

They will even give you a free 30 day trial. Full price is only $69.95 a year.

My desk is only for personal business now. It is really easy to use, too.

It has simplified my taxes so much my tax preparer only charges me half price now.

Added: It also allows you to do online billing and email statements. Daily sheets, curriculum planning, certificates for kids, field trip permission forms, it even keeps up with your immunization expiration dates.
mia 06:39 AM 01-09-2014
Does anyone know if there is a program like ( Minute Menu Kids Pro ) in Canada ?

I just visited the site, to try the trial and it will not let me. It looks like a good program to have.

I would really appreciate any ideas as well. Thanks

As well, does anyone have any templates / spreed sheets they use for organizing their info for taxes.... ( pay, bills, food, etc..... ) if so would you be willing to share yours or any ideas......

This is one that I do for my pay for tax time, that I give a copy to clients along with the receipts and I keep one for my files

Clients Name Child's Name Pay Dates Amounts Ch # Weeks pay for Pd [/b]

Jane doe Smith Jane doe Jan 3 2014 $$$$ ### Jan 6 - 10 2014 yes
Jan 6 2014 $$$$ ### Jan 13 - 17 2014 yes
Every month

Year End Jan $$$$
Feb $$$$
Each Month

Total = $ $$$$$$

I do this one for my files and to give a copy to my accountant

Clients Name Child's Name Year End Total

Jane doe smith Jane doe $$$$$$$ Jane doe smith Jane doe $$$$$$$

Total Yearly Amount 2014 $$$$$$$$

Any other ideas or lay outs for other info that needs to go for taxes......Thanks for the help
Blackcat31 06:45 AM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by mia:
Does anyone know if there is a program like ( Minute Menu Kids Pro ) in Canada ?

I just visited the site, to try the trial and it will not let me. It looks like a good program to have.

I would really appreciate any ideas as well. Thanks
You could try this: http://www.ezcare2.com/childcare-cen...are-canada.asp

I've never used it but I do know a few providers in Canada and this is the software they use.

HTH
mia 06:55 AM 01-09-2014
Thank you ... Blackcat31
DaycareMama 09:48 AM 01-09-2014
ok so I am trying minute menu pro trail again. (First time last year, it wasn't working for me)

I am trying to enter my children's information in and it keeps pulling over all the personal info to the next child. Its like its not saving it to Johnny's account before I add to Lilies account???
Is there a "save" options that I am missing?

Also do you use this program with parents that get state subsidy too? Can you incorporate both payment's on one running invoice?
Leaka79 09:14 PM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
Right now I keep track of everything pen and paper style. I use a composition book to keep track of payments. I want to switch over to a computer program and my husband set me up with quick books. I'm just not finding it "childcare" friendly.

Does anyone use an accounting program that is strictly for daycare? I really only want something to keep a running balance of payments from parents and DSS.

What do you all use?
I was going to use Minute Menu however I have a mac computer and Minute Menu is not compatible with mac. So I use the Quickbooks online, which I love cause I can access it anywhere on my computer, iPhone or iPad. It's pretty simple...
Leaka79 07:18 PM 04-04-2014
I started out using Minute Menu and loved the program however I have a Mac and all my other business things are on my mac but the Minute Menu was on my son's laptop. I didn't like going back and forth from one computer to the next. So I now use Quickbooks Online… If I had to rate it from a 1-10 I would rate it a 4. It is a good accounting system but not to user friendly and it's not geared towards childcare unlike Minute Menu. If Minute Menu makes a version for Mac I will definitely go back.
TomCopeland 07:29 AM 04-06-2014
Originally Posted by Leaka79:
I started out using Minute Menu and loved the program however I have a Mac and all my other business things are on my mac but the Minute Menu was on my son's laptop. I didn't like going back and forth from one computer to the next. So I now use Quickbooks Online… If I had to rate it from a 1-10 I would rate it a 4. It is a good accounting system but not to user friendly and it's not geared towards childcare unlike Minute Menu. If Minute Menu makes a version for Mac I will definitely go back.
You can run Minute Menu on a Mac if you purchase the software Bootcamp to run Windows. That's what I used.
mountainside13 06:41 PM 04-07-2014
I suggest Minute Menu Kids pro also!
Reply Up