Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Late Late , But I Will Phone And Let Ya Know Everyday!
Unregistered 03:10 PM 12-10-2014
So I am a home family daycare on a farm. My kids sleep in so I set an alarm to get up for the daycare children. I am rural so I give everyone 10 min grace to be late at either pick up or drop off. If they will be later please call.
Ok so great client for a year and a half now. Father uses two days a week and mother uses one. Father is late everyday. Mother is on time. I had spoken with them about a later drop off time to suit their needs. They chose no, same 8 am drop off time. Pick up time was 330 and It was taking parents up to 30 min to get her out the door because dcg not wanting to go home so we decided on a later pick up at 430.
So this girl arrives anywhere between 810 and 9 am. parents arrive to pick up between 430 and 445! They always call but seriously isn't he tired of calling everyday ??? Parents are well educated and could care less that I got up early for their kid. Anyway it interrupts our day coming late, I didn't shower because I didn't know when she would arrive.... I have had multiple conversations with them about being on time etc. Last week dad said maybe I should set an alarm and I said yes please.
I am so frustrated! nothing has changed and is actually getting worse! I was thinking a memo ? Any suggestions for the memo?
Thanks
Cradle2crayons 04:32 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So I am a home family daycare on a farm. My kids sleep in so I set an alarm to get up for the daycare children. I am rural so I give everyone 10 min grace to be late at either pick up or drop off. If they will be later please call.
Ok so great client for a year and a half now. Father uses two days a week and mother uses one. Father is late everyday. Mother is on time. I had spoken with them about a later drop off time to suit their needs. They chose no, same 8 am drop off time. Pick up time was 330 and It was taking parents up to 30 min to get her out the door because dcg not wanting to go home so we decided on a later pick up at 430.
So this girl arrives anywhere between 810 and 9 am. parents arrive to pick up between 430 and 445! They always call but seriously isn't he tired of calling everyday ??? Parents are well educated and could care less that I got up early for their kid. Anyway it interrupts our day coming late, I didn't shower because I didn't know when she would arrive.... I have had multiple conversations with them about being on time etc. Last week dad said maybe I should set an alarm and I said yes please.
I am so frustrated! nothing has changed and is actually getting worse! I was thinking a memo ? Any suggestions for the memo?
Thanks
It's yur business. Set a drop off time and explain that after x time, no more drop offs are allowed for the day.
therov 07:09 AM 12-11-2014
Not a memo, but explain to both parents the importance of having the child arrive and depart predictably: You maintain a schedule for the children and it throws off everyone if the child wanders in and out. Make sure to say that allowances for doctor visits and such are understandable, but the times should be the same every day. Let the parents together decide on the drop-off and pick-up times that they need within your work hours.

As for the 15-minute pickup window, I'd say that's within normal limits since traffic, phone calls at work, etc. are never perfect.
Blackcat31 10:19 AM 12-11-2014
If you already have already agreed to do it a certain way ...even though parent isn't respecting what he said he would do ~ arrive on time to pick up ~ what is a memo suppose to do?

I would say something DIRECT to the parent about this issue and how it is not something you want to continue to happen.

Parents treat you the way you allow them to. If you want them to pick up on time, enforce your policy about picking up on time. If you let it slide, the parent will too. Then when it becomes too much for you to manage, the parent will be upset because you let it happen before and they rarely understand why this time it is no longer okay.
Reply Up