Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Birthday Calendar
Abigail 11:56 PM 09-14-2010
I want to be a bit creative for wall decor besides the standard posters. Does anyone put a picture of each child on the wall with their birthday? If I don't put a name to it, then at least if a stranger came in they wouldn't know who it was. Our daycare center has the standard calendar with all 18 kids names listed under each month with the date. I would prefer not to have a big calendar on the wall with ten lines under each month. I would rather have a "free floating" birthday board I create myself. Do you have any ideas?

I was thinking I could create balloons by cutting them out of construction paper and when a child enrolls into daycare, I would take their picture and print it off and and put it inside the balloon to use as the picture frame. Then the "string" from the balloon would be their birthday typed out like "October Twenty-Third" or "October 23" and use one of the word art features in Microsoft Office to print it wavy and just attach it to their balloon. Just an idea, please share any thoughts or ideas!
seashell 05:26 AM 09-15-2010
I created my display by putting birthday wrapping paper on the wall with a border around it. Then I cut out a birthday cake and wrote Happy Birthday on the cake. Each child has a balloon that hangs over the cake. I purchased a birthday card for each, signed the card and placed in in an elvelope. The envelope is attached to the balloon string and the outside of the envelope has the child's name and birthday. On the child's special day, we add the appropriate amount of candles to the cake and the child takes down his or her card.
The kids love the ritual and I never forget a card! It's also great because you can use it for several years since the only writing is on the card envelope and that's removable!
Abigail 08:58 PM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by seashell:
I created my display by putting birthday wrapping paper on the wall with a border around it. Then I cut out a birthday cake and wrote Happy Birthday on the cake. Each child has a balloon that hangs over the cake. I purchased a birthday card for each, signed the card and placed in in an elvelope. The envelope is attached to the balloon string and the outside of the envelope has the child's name and birthday. On the child's special day, we add the appropriate amount of candles to the cake and the child takes down his or her card.
The kids love the ritual and I never forget a card! It's also great because you can use it for several years since the only writing is on the card envelope and that's removable!
When do you put that card back up? Do you have a picture? Thanks, great ideas!
seashell 03:01 PM 09-17-2010
I actually leave the envelope hanging and put a new card in at the start of the next school year. I don't have pic's up, but you could put them on the balloon if you wanted to.
Tags:birthday, calendar, months, names, pictures
Reply Up