Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Got Picky Eaters? This Works
daycare 08:44 AM 10-25-2013
My food lady gave me this last month and we have been working on it since then.

I LOVE IT!!!!

http://teamnutrition.usda.gov/Resources/2biteclub.html
jojosmommy 11:23 AM 10-25-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:

I LOVE IT!!!!

Just ordered mine and a few posters on eating healthy. Thank you!
LadyBugHugs 07:51 PM 10-25-2013
I ordered what I thought was just a few items from there and ended up with 3 boxes total, 1 from UPS and 2 from FedEx. I definately know where some of the govt waste is going. I really do like the EatSmart To Play Hard posters and the various posters showing images made out of food. The kiddos really do enjoy looking at them and they are very colorful!
Sunshine74 09:36 PM 10-25-2013
Is there a cost for this? And can you get them if you are not on the food program?
MyAngels 09:52 PM 10-25-2013
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Is there a cost for this? And can you get them if you are not on the food program?
There is no cost, and it does say you're supposed to be a participant in the CACFP, but I don't know if they actually check whether you are or not.
snbauser 05:48 AM 10-26-2013
Awesome! Thanks. I ordered some of the books.
daycarediva 09:07 AM 10-26-2013
Where can I order it? My kids have the placemat dividers that they love and often play with in dramatic play.
MyAngels 11:16 AM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Where can I order it? My kids have the placemat dividers that they love and often play with in dramatic play.
If you click on the link for "Team Nutrition" near the bottom of the paragraph it takes you to an order page where you can make your selections and place the order online.
e.j. 08:46 PM 10-26-2013
Originally Posted by LadyBugHugs:
I definately know where some of the govt waste is going.
To be honest, I thought the same thing when I got my order a few years ago. I do have to say, though, that some of the kids really respond to the certificate at the end of the book. Often, I have at least one kid ask, "If I eat all of my lunch, do I get to be in the 2 Bite Club??!!" Unfortunately, my pickiest eater does not respond to it at all. She's been with me for 4.5 years and I've yet to see her eat a veggie or fruit.
missy 05:22 AM 10-27-2013
Love it:-)
melilley 10:20 AM 10-27-2013
I'll definitely have to check into getting that book!

I do have one dcg who just turned 3 and she always says "try it and you might like it" so I've adopted that saying...lol
TwinKristi 11:42 AM 10-27-2013
I may order this for the future but my picky eaters aren't even 2 so it's kinda hard.
renodeb 02:56 PM 10-27-2013
I was given the book at a training. Its cute but my kids are so young and my one picky eater is 11 mos old. All he eats is what I call crap in a jar. I have yet to see him eat a vege and he has maybe eaten a few bites of fruit. He puts the vege in his mouth then he gags on it and spits it out. Mom was to afraid to put him on solids because he might choke so he is super picky!
Debbie
PitterPatter 06:10 PM 10-27-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:

I LOVE IT!!!!

Thank you!!
Tags:2 bite club, cacfp, picky eaters, usda food program
Reply Up