Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potential New Family Interview
WBee 06:27 AM 09-19-2017
Good morning! I had an interview last night for a two yr old coming from a daycare center. Mom was great, dcb was fine however, Dad questioned every aspect of paying for unused days. Ex. Snow, sick & holidays. He was, I'll say, not "shy" in his presentation of the issue at all. I was very firm, backed myself up very professionally and Mom basically told me to ignore him. She understands the process entirely. So, they want the spot. Should I give it to them? Currently, no one else is calling and they need the exact days I have left to offer. I just refuse to prove my point with Dad each time it will eventually come up. Everything is noted in my contract btw.
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by WBee:
Good morning! I had an interview last night for a two yr old coming from a daycare center. Mom was great, dcb was fine however, Dad questioned every aspect of paying for unused days. Ex. Snow, sick & holidays. He was, I'll say, not "shy" in his presentation of the issue at all. I was very firm, backed myself up very professionally and Mom basically told me to ignore him. She understands the process entirely. So, they want the spot. Should I give it to them? Currently, no one else is calling and they need the exact days I have left to offer. I just refuse to prove my point with Dad each time it will eventually come up. Everything is noted in my contract btw.
Do you charge BEFORE care?

If so, I'd take them.

Do you also require a deposit so if this issue becomes a sore spot for DCD you at least have a deposit on hand to cover the notice period?

If you have those two methods of payment in place it's hard for parents to stiff you.
Cat Herder 06:30 AM 09-19-2017
Sounds pretty normal to me. Stick to your policies, no exceptions.
WBee 06:31 AM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Do you charge BEFORE care?
Yes I do.
If so, I'd take them.

Do you also require a deposit so if this issue becomes a sore spot for DCD you at least have a deposit on hand to cover the notice period? Yes

If you have those two methods of payment in place it's hard for parents to stiff you.
Thank you Blackcat!
Snowmom 07:12 AM 09-19-2017
Dear Family:
I would be pleased to offer you the daycare position I have available. However, before I do, I want to make sure we are both on the same page to insure a good working relationship for both of us.
Dad expressed some concern at the interview about my days off. I need to make sure that going forward, there will not be any issues, hard feelings or confrontation regarding my days off. My policies and procedures are established and non-negotiable for all the families I enroll.
If both of you, as Johnny's parents, are on board with my policies, I am happy to move forward with enrolling Johnny here.
Thank you for taking the time to interview with ABC daycare. I have enjoyed meeting you and your family and hope to see you again soon.
~Provider
Josiegirl 02:57 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Dear Family:
I would be pleased to offer you the daycare position I have available. However, before I do, I want to make sure we are both on the same page to insure a good working relationship for both of us.
Dad expressed some concern at the interview about my days off. I need to make sure that going forward, there will not be any issues, hard feelings or confrontation regarding my days off. My policies and procedures are established and non-negotiable for all the families I enroll.
If both of you, as Johnny's parents, are on board with my policies, I am happy to move forward with enrolling Johnny here.
Thank you for taking the time to interview with ABC daycare. I have enjoyed meeting you and your family and hope to see you again soon.
~Provider
Perfect! Yes, I'd give it a try. As long as you stay firm, dcm can deal with dcd's wrath.
Tags:potential families
Reply Up