Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Mommy to 2

Default Neighbor

My neighbor just contacted me expecting my to watch her children for free....
I couldn't believe it!!! I texted back and said I could watch them but for the amount we previously discussed. It's like a drop in thing. I wouldn't want to watch neighbors kids on a regular basis.

Just because I'm home doesn't mean I want your kids for the day let alone for free. Been there done that! Will not do it again! Last time it was suppose to be for an hour and it turned into 4 hours!

Well she hasn't texted me back, she is probably asking others to do it for free!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN View Post
My neighbor just contacted me expecting my to watch her children for free....
I couldn't believe it!!! I texted back and said I could watch them but for the amount we previously discussed. It's like a drop in thing. I wouldn't want to watch neighbors kids on a regular basis.

Just because I'm home doesn't mean I want your kids for the day let alone for free. Been there done that! Will not do it again! Last time it was suppose to be for an hour and it turned into 4 hours!

Well she hasn't texted me back, she is probably asking others to do it for free!
I don't normally say this but OMG!!! Good for you!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

yes my neighbor does the same..she actually was my first client and i did afterschool for her.. but then her hours changed and she didnt need me, but if she was running late she would expect her daughter to wait at my house..
i was like REALLY??? i was just about to tell her she was gonna have to either pay drop in rate for 10 minutes or give her daughter a key to their house!! but she must have felt my disgust and was on time after a while LOL
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default help

Im still pretty new to this site...Im not sure how I post my own post if I have to vent or ask a question.
can someone message me the inf.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Mommy to 2

She finally texted me back trying to give me a sob story about how she doesn't have any money.... Oh well not my problem. Parents really need to prioritizethese days. Do you think you will have money after riding the rides at Mall of America and getting your kids pictures taken this past weekend? Probably not.

Sorry I don't give hand outs.

Her fb post. "Will someone be able to watch my kids tomorrow, I dont have anyone to watch them and I start my new job tomorrow"

Someone took her bait... But she hasn't told me yet. Well next time I'll just say "I said I would last time but you didn't think you needed to pay so to save you some time I'll just say no and you can go ahead and put a post on fb asking for a handout."
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

thats really what she should have did in the first place is ask friends and family if she had no money.. this is your business.. i hate being made to feel like a scrooge money lover because i require payment for ALLLLL my services..
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Building Blocks View Post
Im still pretty new to this site...Im not sure how I post my own post if I have to vent or ask a question.
can someone message me the inf.
I PM'ed you instructions to help you post a new thread. Let me know if you need any further assistance
Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Mommy to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsmiles View Post
thats really what she should have did in the first place is ask friends and family if she had no money.. this is your business.. i hate being made to feel like a scrooge money lover because i require payment for ALLLLL my services..
I agree. It's not like I volunteered.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

what kind of person starts a new job without having childcare lined up???
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
what kind of person starts a new job without having childcare lined up???
Lol! I was just going to post something similar. Did she interview & get the job today or something?????
Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Mommy to 2

She gets state assistance and she needed to reapply and the center won't take the kids yet.

I don't know much about state assistance... She got the job last week according to her fb.

Funny that she hasn't even told me "thanks, but I found someone else." She better not be knocking at my door at 8am....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN View Post
She gets state assistance and she needed to reapply and the center won't take the kids yet.

I don't know much about state assistance... She got the job last week according to her fb.

Funny that she hasn't even told me "thanks, but I found someone else." She better not be knocking at my door at 8am....
if she hasnt replied, you are the backup. she will try to find free and then pay you as a last resort. i betcha she will be knocking on your door
tomorrow....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Mommy to 2

And I will say, bye bye! Not my problem!

Tags
free childcare, neighbors