Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Little People

Question Potty Chairs

I am getting ready to potty train 2 dkg's. One is 19mts and one is 23mts. I thought it would just be easy to do both at the same time. The 19mts is very smart and thinks she is 3 haha. I have looked at wal-mart.com and there are so many nowdays This may tell my age but what happened to the plain old little wooden ones with the white tray. I always used them years ago and would put the tray on and give the children books and little cars and they would go potty sometime without even knowing it. So what is your favorite and what made this potty chair work for you?
Old 01-14-2011, 08:10 AM
*DAYCARE PROVIDER*

I stopped using potty chairs many moons ago. They can get so nasty. And I hate when lil ones Thought they could remove the bowl...yuck! I Just use on of those seats that fit right on the potty
Old 01-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little People View Post
This may tell my age but what happened to the plain old little wooden ones with the white tray.
Yep, dating myself too! I used one of those to train, my now 29 y/o. Took it camping one weekend and set it up outside the tent at the door. Trained her that weekend. No accidents in my house, just on the ground LOL.

It too, now use the potty seat on the toilet and a stool to get there. Much cleaner. And most have a "raised" front edge for training the little boys.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Daycare Member

Don't use potty seats, i personally think they are gross...I too use the small seat on the toilet with a stool. Never have used the small potty seat in 14 years of raising and potty training my kids and numerous others.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:39 AM

I'm probably in the minority, but I use the potty chair...at least to start potty training. Once they get the hang of actually going potty and being able to pull pants and stuff down, then they transition to the big toilet with just a potty seat. Plus, DD is SHORT (only in the 10th percentile for height). I do have her poop on the big toilet, but she's still too short to get on it without me or DH putting her on. For us, the little chair works fine. I have no problem emptying the potty out of it, but poop is gross, which is why I let DD poop on the big toilet. We take it camping also.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default potty

I use the one that sit on the potty to. It is cleaner and you don't have to transition to the big potty later. Parents can easily get them to and then it is the same at home and at daycare. I used to put mine in a reusable bag and take it in public with me so that was never a prob either.

Tags
potty chair, potty training